Quantcast

so tell me about Whistler, i'll be there in 4 days.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
CraigH said:
I'll be with my wife and probably my brother on our XCish bikes so will be riding more XCish trails rather than the FR stuff. Once I have an idea of our schedule, I'll let you know.

What are you riding these days? I recall you had some bikes stolen. I didn't realize you weren't riding with the PB team anymore.
XC rides huh? There's more than a few of those in Nelson, I'll try to get us up the Vein and Space Junk, they're definitely worth the climb, provided you can ride steeps with a certain amount of comfort (meaning your significant other and brother)

I'm riding whatever suits my fancy these days, mostly on a couple hardtails, one's a singlespeed, the other's set up for XC/DJ duties.

As for the PB race stuff, still doing the site, just no longer racing competitively, though, I will be hitting up some local races here and there.

CraigH

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
Vancouver, BC Canada
mental said:
XC rides huh? There's more than a few of those in Nelson, I'll try to get us up the Vein and Space Junk, they're definitely worth the climb, provided you can ride steeps with a certain amount of comfort (meaning your significant other and brother)
I grew up in Cranbrook, so know the type of mtns in the area. My brother rides the NS & Whistler with me. My wife rides the easier NS stuff and the blue trails at Whistler.

Taking XC bikes on the trip as they are more versitile and that way we don't have to worry about locking up the FR bikes while riding the XC bikes, or vice versa.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
well here i am, at UBC in Vancouver. i am digging canadia so far. the people seem to be rather cool. i had some descent canadian beer last night. well, more than some. i'll be in Whistler tomorrow. still need to find a place to crash the night after tomorrow night.

Longhorn, a restaurant? awesome. we're from UT, and our mascot is the Longhorn. maybe they'll feel some love and help us out.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so....

we get to Whistler around 7:30pm. well, we were actually staying at Riverside something or other Campgrounds. by 7:45pm, we're showered and headed to the Village. not 5 mins after parking, April Lawyer walks by. that was pretty rad. so by 8pm we're at Longhorn. meet up with a guy who is from Austin. he buys 5 of us 4 pitchers of beer. while drinking i see Metal. not wanting to be the stalker type, i just told the other Texas4000 riders who it was. they all dug the pink helmet. saw some other Honda/Turner team, but didn't know who anyone was.

so anywho, we party it up that night. by the end of the night, i was trashed. thanks to the 3.75$ Buffalo Bills drinks and no cover.

i planned on riding the next day, and everyone knew that, so i slept late, and got up around 9 the next day. still drunk. bah. try to ride my Imperial, and i have no front brake. go ask some shops about Avids and no one has any. the best i found was 160$ for some Deore hydros. screw that. so i walked around the pit area, saw Rennie next to his bike, took pictures, and watched the riders come down (the Jr racers).

i hope to have.....will have my brakes fixed by the time i return. it sucked being there, not able to ride. such a ****ing tease.