Quantcast

So if I go 1x9 on my Marin Wolf Ridge.........

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Which e-thirteen product is most economical/effective for me to choose?

The bike is a 2006 Wolf Ridge that I'll be running with dual 650b wheels and a Manitou Nixon fork up front. I was thinking of going 1x9 32T chainring with an 11:34 cassette in back.

The frame has no ISCG tabs and my crankset is an FSA Afterburner external BB set up. Currently it is set at 32:22 with a Race Face Bashguard.

How can I set up my bike for 1x9 duty most economically?

Thanks.

Mark

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You should be fine with anything from e.13 in a BB mount configuration. Personally I'd go with a LS1+ for a trail bike on a budget, since it's a nice compromise between cost and weight, but the experts may have a different recommendation.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
So if I did that I'd ditch my bashguard in favor of their Taco?
The LS1+ taco is quite strong...I havn't managed to break one (and I've tried...destructive testing). The slider design on the LS1+/LG1+ doesn't allow for a traditional crank mounted bashguard.

The LS1+ with the BB mount adapter in the kit is one option. If you don't *need* a bashguard, the XCX is worth taking a look at.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My XC bike doesn't have ISCG mounts... I am using an LG-1 + an adapter. Works great. Plus you can run it with/without the taco. Oh and you could probably find a used one at a very good price too!