Quantcast

so i just bought...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
...a pair of these at work today:

(They're 661 Race pads, BTW).

Then, in my infinite wisdom, I went and read some REVIEWS on mtbr.com after buying the darn things, and lo and behold, everybody says that these pads suck ass. Oops. Looks like I'm gonna be taking them back and returning them pretty darn soon. Anybody else have good and/or bad experiences with these pads? I kinda figured that since Kyle Strait, Steve Peat, Greg Minaar, and Cedric Gracia all use these exact same pads, they couldn't be too bad. According to people on mtbr, though, they're horrible. Oh well.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I have a set and love them. They work pretty good for me, the only thing I dont like is if the top strap is not tight enough it will slip a bit when Im sitting and pedalling but other than that I like mine a lot and I'd say they are good for the money.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
are those the leg or elbows?
I have a set of the older leg and elbow ones, if you put a nice big elastic around the top on each they actually work really well. I didnt pay anything for them but have gotten some good use out of them.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Most 661 stuff sucks. I probably wont buy the junk any more.....I bought a bunch of pads this year and all the leg armor was too long, and the pressure suit was total junk. I do however like my helmet, older white plastic lrace leg pads, and the 2X4 pads.

awholelota

Chimp
Apr 29, 2004
sf bay
i have a set of the old ones before they started putting the extra wrap around the knee. they're okay, but the knee part slips out ALL THE TIME. thinking about buyng a set of extra large leg warmers to go over the whole thing just to secure them to my knee.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I kinda like my 661 pads. They are about a year old now but they have always done the job great! They were cheap, work well, straps hold, not much more I could ask for.

I like the ones that Dex got. I'd get them as a second set. My only gripe is you gotta take your shoes off to put them on. I wish they would hold as well as they do now, but with the ability to just be strapped on and go.

Now with having Monday's off I'll get some more riding in on them :)