Quantcast

So I finally bought a big bike but...

Honkeystyle

Chimp
May 24, 2010
nc
I need some ppl to go riding with!! most ppl here in charlotte only ride xc stuff so I'm limited when it comes to riding buddies. I've ridden wilsons twice and loved it but don't really know where the trails are or how to navigate through them all. I've ridden the stuff at UNCC 3 times but my limiting factor is finding someone to go with. Sooooo...anyone willing to let me tag along for some rides? I'm not disgustingly slow and I learn pretty quick, so I shouldn't be a burden. Or so I would hope. All I have to offer in return is some pocket lint and maybe some explanations of newtons laws and dynamic systems during the car rides...and a fist bump.
D-

Honkeystyle

Chimp
May 24, 2010
nc
gas money and the willingness i have. but i drive an suv and i dont have a bike rack that can hold more than 2 machines.

tommygii

Chimp
Sep 16, 2009
I'm looking for someone to ride with at Windrock on Monday (all day, 9am or so till we're too tired to ride anymore). I too can only shuttle two bikes.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
If you're lookin to meet and ride with good people from NC and the surrounding areas then the first Dirty Bird race (next Saturday and Sunday June 5th-6th) is the place to be. No shuttle truck, no problem. With paid entry you get over 8 hours of shuttled riding between the two days and a timed race run to see how much faster you've gotten over the weekend:thumb:. O and did I mention the track is pretty fun too:D. Don't worry if you're not an experienced racer, everyone out at the race is super chill, and the friendly competition always helps people step up their game.

The Cycle path bike shop from Cornelius (just north of charlotte) is a sponsor for the event and they have a downhill team that will be represented. You should hook up with those guys to get in on some rides in your area.

Check out www.dirtybirddh.com for more info. Shred on brotha

-Trill

willyj

Chimp
Jun 2, 2008
HIGH COUNTRY
If you're lookin to meet and ride with good people from NC and the surrounding areas then the first Dirty Bird race (next Saturday and Sunday June 5th-6th) is the place to be. No shuttle truck, no problem. With paid entry you get over 8 hours of shuttled riding between the two days and a timed race run to see how much faster you've gotten over the weekend:thumb:. O and did I mention the track is pretty fun too:D. Don't worry if you're not an experienced racer, everyone out at the race is super chill, and the friendly competition always helps people step up their game.

The Cycle path bike shop from Cornelius (just north of charlotte) is a sponsor for the event and they have a downhill team that will be represented. You should hook up with those guys to get in on some rides in your area.

Check out www.dirtybirddh.com for more info. Shred on brotha

-Trill
Agreed the Dirty Bird is probably the best first race you can do around here.

Jan 12, 2009
Yea, Dirty Bird was my first DH race and I loved it. Be careful though, if things get rainy and sloppy like they did for me then be sure to bring body armor!

KFC

Chimp
Jan 3, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Dirty Bird it is then. I'll be there.
Yo. I met you at UNCC with Cajun one day. I get out a good bit even if its just UNCC or BYT. I ride during the week mostly so give me a shout and we can get out there.

You can reach me on here usually but PASA is probably better.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I need some ppl to go riding with!! most ppl here in charlotte only ride xc stuff so I'm limited when it comes to riding buddies. I've ridden wilsons twice and loved it but don't really know where the trails are or how to navigate through them all. I've ridden the stuff at UNCC 3 times but my limiting factor is finding someone to go with. Sooooo...anyone willing to let me tag along for some rides? I'm not disgustingly slow and I learn pretty quick, so I shouldn't be a burden. Or so I would hope. All I have to offer in return is some pocket lint and maybe some explanations of newtons laws and dynamic systems during the car rides...and a fist bump.
D-
Does this mean you bought a 29 inch wheel bike and stopped riding kiddie wheels? Cause ya know 29ers are faster downhill.:weee: And yeah I'll shoot you a message next time we ride Wilson Creek area.

Last edited:

ag7gu

Chimp
Jul 31, 2008
MD
Throw some dirt around at uncc and it may grant you access to more of the hush hush.

Judging by the engineering reference, I assume this is Dan. Give me a buzz and we'll fit you into some rides, cajun has my number. May be headed to snowshoe this weekend if the fowl is sloppy.

-Drew

Honkeystyle

Chimp
May 24, 2010
nc
I'd be more than willing to throw some dirt around. Just lemme know when you go to do it. and I doubt I can do snowshoe this wkd but I'm tryin to head there in july. I'll hit up cajun for your number here soon.