Quantcast

Snowshoe results?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i'm stunned that nobody has uploaded a ton of pics from teh place yet! There were cameras flashing in my face on every run I made down the mountain. And I haven't seen a single photo of the mountaincross

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Acadian said:
ya...that is why I said they are not up yet...:(
That's wierd? I don't remember writing wanker's on my post. Though I had to work til 4 this morning and I have slept about 4 hour's and can't seem to go back to sleep and have to go back in two hour's till 10pm. How sh%tty!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Juano said:
That's wierd? I don't remember writing wanker's on my post. Though I had to work til 4 this morning and I have slept about 4 hour's and can't seem to go back to sleep and have to go back in two hour's till 10pm. How sh%tty!
I told you crank wouldn't help your performance. Try something better like EPO.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
kidwoo said:
I told you crank wouldn't help your performance. Try something better like EPO.
You know I had a problem with crank right? Seriously like a year and a half ago. Wasn't fun and it was hard on me.

Yeah I realised I had a problem at a race when the spider would tighten, hahaha.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Juano said:
You know I had a problem with crank right? Seriously like a year and a half ago. Wasn't fun and it was hard on me.

Yeah I realised I had a problem at a race when the spider would tighten, hahaha.
If you're referring to the big black spider that hangs over your bed sometimes and tightens his grip on you and is about 16 feet tall, yeah I see that one too.......and I hate it when he tightens.

Go speed racer.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
bizutch said:
i'm stunned that nobody has uploaded a ton of pics from teh place yet! There were cameras flashing in my face on every run I made down the mountain. And I haven't seen a single photo of the mountaincross

Butch here are a few pictures...

Click

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
kidwoo said:
Is that the start? Why is that guy just standing there? Is he waiting for his gate time?
That is the second wood's section from the start gate. That was much tougher than it might look. Plus there is a potential pile up spot right below that, so Butch may be waiting for someone to clear out of the way.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
profro said:
That is the second wood's section from the start gate. That was much tougher than it might look. Plus there is a potential pile up spot right below that, so Butch may be waiting for someone to clear out of the way.
Yep, I can tell by the pizzed off look through his goggles, he is waiting for the trail to clear. I think everybody had that look about 20 times a run out there. :mumble:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
caboverpete said:
I think he is more pissed at just having to untangle himself from that tree.

Jeremy and Caboverpete are both right....I'm checking it out for lines....after I F'ed up. That turn was the second hardest thing on the whole course....I messed it up every run but one....thanks for the humiliation. :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I had problems there as well until Saturday, then I finally started making it through without a major dab. But I would say I am like most in that my definition of dabbing changed drastically at Snowshoe. A dab used to be taking a foot off the pedal. Last weekend a dab was a full on face plant in the mud while loosing your bike.

Just above that before the left hand turn down to where you are standing was a tree stump on the left hand side of the course. During Saturday's practice Ben fell on that stump and was laying just off the course. As I came through he kept yelling, "Stay away from the stump, stay away from the stump". Needless to say I entered the stump's gravitational force and wrecked right on top of Ben. What was so funny was that it all happened at such a slow speed. We gave the course marshall a good long laugh.

Also, did anyone else notice that one tree in the off-camber section had a gravitational force about as strong a Jupiter?

That turn actually got progressivly easier as the rut deepened... if you stayed in the rut and managed to pull out of it above that tree you had it made, easier said than done though. It was funny how there were several small trees on the course that had no bark about pedal high and handlebar high.

profro said:
Also, did anyone else notice that one tree in the off-camber section had a gravitational force about as strong a Jupiter?
You mean the tree where you had to pray to all things holy that atleast your front wheel would clear it on the high side... if not it was a slip and slide right off the course.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
caboverpete said:
You mean the tree where you had to pray to all things holy that atleast your front wheel would clear it on the high side... if not it was a slip and slide right off the course.
Thats the one. I tried on Thursday's practice to hold the high line with a ton of speed to get past the tree, but that early in the weekend there wasn't a rut developing yet and I flew off the course and it took me a long time to crawl back up out of the woods.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good stories from the mud.

I was down there a couple of weeks ago and I still removing mud from the bike and equipment but no problems its a lot of fun to ride the mud. Or as I call surfe the mud as my theory is to surfe the mud and hang loos Hawaiian style.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i just put the snowshoe gallerie sup on transcend. They arent the best due to the fact that i am using a ****ty POS digi cam with a lame flash, but for now they will do i guess.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
profro said:

Hahaha! I beat that tree in my race run. I had so much mud on my bike it weighed like 1000 lbs and it couldn't pull me in!

Things will be better next year!

Mike