Quantcast

Snowshoe question

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Ok monkeys. I need a little help. I have already tried calling the resort and only got an automated answer service.

Long story short. I am feinding for some lift serviced riding. This weekend looks rainy for snowshoe (big supprise :blah: ) As always this is a last minuite plan that was devised over lunch today. Before i drive 8 hours to get there tonight (and sleep in my truck) how do they operate during thunderstorms. I am under the impression that lifts run in the rain but not while lightning is striking. I understand that. Does the shuttle bus run during thunderstorms? I know during the national my practice runs on friday where canceled due to lightning. I don't want to get there, buy lift passes ect and have to sit out all day waiting for a storm to pass.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
They have to shut the lifts down for T-storms but the shuttle comes around to the park side of the mountain (Boat House) to pick you up. It takes a little longer but you can still get some runs in.

Mike

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Booker what Dartman say is that one the side of the mountain with the Norba course the lift is not running but they have a bus that run shuttles all day. On the other side its the freeride park where the lift is running except of course in case of lightning.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Thanks guys. Thats what i thought. I have been to snowshoe a bunch but i have always mannaged to miss the thunderstorms. I need to go load up my truck or something.................................

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Just wait until next weekend so I can go and take my new bike. :evil: Snowshoe during rain can get pretty fun, especially when the fog rolls in.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Hey Evan hows the new bike looking. You ended up with an SGS right? I love mine. I ordered it from Ironhorse two days before the snowshoe national. They overnighted it to me and i literally built it up, loaded my gear, and headed out. My practice run was the first time it was ever ridden. :heart:

I figure if i can ride/race that place in the muddy NORBA conditions then a few sprinkles aint gonna hurt nothing. :p

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Be here Monday. This may possibly be the longest weekend of my life. I'm gonna head to frankfort next weekend to try and get this set-up, but yea i'm totally excited. I'm sure i'll be at Duffield or Windrock soon, we'll have to go for a ride. Will you be at Mayhem in the mountains in September? I plan on racing it if I can get a ride.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Nope mayhem in the mountains falls on the same date at the "Maxxis Super Series Final" at Windrock. The course at Windrock is killer. You should head down for that and bring some lexington foolios.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Oh, damn, didn't know that. I might just have to go to Windrock instead. I've been wanting to go for a while, so I'll probably see you down there!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
CBJ said:
Booker what Dartman say is that one the side of the mountain with the Norba course the lift is not running but they have a bus that run shuttles all day. On the other side its the freeride park where the lift is running except of course in case of lightning.
No, what Dartman say is the shuttle bus will go over to the freeride park side of the mountain to pick people up if the lift gets shut down. The staff at the Boathouse have a radio they can request a pickup from if you get stranded down there with the lift shut down.

Oh and y'all be sure to tip your friendly bus drivers Carey and Mark.

Mike