Quantcast

snowshoe or Trestle park

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
I need some help on choosing a lift assisted park as I hate pedaling uphill, yes I have done a ton of searching and really can't come up with a conclusion on my own. I currently live in Houston and will be traveling by car to either park with my fiancee, she is a beginner and I have been riding for 10 years but I am not a super hardcore rider, huge jumps or drops bigger than 8-10 feet. I am more into fast and flowy trails with some medium size jumps and good obstacles that can be by-passed by a beginner.

Just looking for some input on people that have visited either one or both of these parks and can give me an honest opinion on where we will have the most fun. I am not against other options but I am limited to 2 days of driving to my destination, and flying is not an option.

Cliffs: help on deciding on a bike park with epic singletrack that is lift assisted approximately 1300 miles from Houston.

Last edited:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
uh Colorado is full of spots, why go to the East Coast unless you want gnar?
Snowshoe is awesome and has a lot of every thing but, def. has rocks, diff. size jumps and drops but, all good none the less.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
You should hit up a bunch of resorts in CO. If you do head east though to Snowshoe, check out Diablo as well since you drove that far...great assortment of trails to choose from with well built obstacles for every skill level.

Oct 29, 2007
You can ride Winter Park on the weekdays, and then ride SolVista (20 min. away) Friday-Sunday. Winter Park has mostly smooth freeride trails with berms and table-top jumps, as well as plenty of singletrack that you can ride from the top, and back to the base, or into the valley if you choose. SolVista is some DH-gnar with some flowy blue trails too.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
I am from Ohio, ride Snowshoe frequently, and spend a couple of weeks every summer in Colorado. I have been to Sol Vista, Keystone, Winter Park and Diablo. From what you have said you want to ride, fast flowy singletrack, I would not recommend the east coast/snowshoe-diablo trip. Snowshoe is fantastic, but it is also difficult if you are not used to that type of riding(rooty, rocky, wet, gnar). There are not a lot of options for beginner riders. Diablo has some gnar as well, but also has some flowy singletrack.

The fast/flowy singletrack of Keystone/Winter Park/Sol Vista would fit in what you described very well. There is much more green and blue type riding at those resorts than what you would have at Snowshoe. I think that your lady friend would have a better time riding there as well.

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
thank you all for the advice, I am sure I would have a ton of fun at Snowshoe but than my fiancee would probably hate it. I will look at heading somewhere in Colorado this year and plan a single man trip to Snowshoe next year.