Quantcast

Snowshoe 6/25 & 6/26

May 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
Great time at snowshoe this past weekend, it was extremely dry. Camped out Saturday night at Silver Creek with Nately27 and some other guy. We met with a couple of guys from Kansas City sunday, I watched one of them superman into a stump on the pro course.

We went over to the monsterpark course from the western side hoping to ride the mtx course, but they've got it completely torn up for monster park. Some goober gave us crap for being over there like it's some kind of huge secret.

To all those who I might have met over the weekend, I was riding the Eliminator/Dorado combo with yellow deemaxes. Send a PM if you're in the Charleston SC area, there's a few spots to ride urban around here.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
duder
my mom is getting relocated down there for work and its a certainty that ill be going down there to visit. hit me up with a pm so i can hook up with you when i come down to visit

keep the rubba side down

:eek:...this was post 666....

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Good to hear u had a great time. Derek said everything was running nice and dry, I can't wait till this weekend. Oh, did he tell u, some bitchass took one of his bikes.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
The reason the guy told people to not be there is because people were walking on the jumps and stunts which made the head builder quite pissed off.

Riversmith

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
No, Monster Park is definately not a secret. But I'm sure it's a liability to have people walking around the machinery and on structures that are not completed yet. If you stop by the MAC, I'm sure one of the guys would be happy to bring you down to look at what's going on! If you think it looks big in the pictures, just wait until you're actually standing there!

May 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
The "goober" part I extracted from an inside sources description: when we described the "goober" to a friend of ours who works at Snowshoe, the aforementioned was identified as a "tool". So, yes, I suppose I am wrong to call him a goober, since the evidence at this point seems to point to him being a tool. I apologize for the misnomer. :D

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Jayridesacove said:
Good to hear u had a great time. Derek said everything was running nice and dry, I can't wait till this weekend. Oh, did he tell u, some bitchass took one of his bikes.
in the grand scheme of things i'd place a bike thief about 1 micron above a pedophile :angry:

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
The stupid thing is that the bike and it's parts are recognizable by me and his other friends that know what the bike looks like. So the idiot local thief better start riding somewhere out of town unless he wants to get stabbed by me.

May 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
The good thing is he didn't have too many nice parts on that bike. The bad thing is there is so much sentimental value tied up in that old Mesa it's a real shame someone is selling it to a pawn shop so some fat dude can destroy it. Check Hokie Spokes: according to a guy down here who used to work for them, they were once affiliated with a bike thief who was a maintenance guy for VT.

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
I think I might have met you. I was riding the black Gemini with the 888 and sporting the carbon Mad Max. Anyways it was an awesome weekend although a little dry.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
TheEliminator said:
Great time at snowshoe this past weekend, it was extremely dry. Camped out Saturday night at Silver Creek with Nately27 and some other guy. We met with a couple of guys from Kansas City sunday, I watched one of them superman into a stump on the pro course.

We went over to the monsterpark course from the western side hoping to ride the mtx course, but they've got it completely torn up for monster park. Some goober gave us crap for being over there like it's some kind of huge secret.

To all those who I might have met over the weekend, I was riding the Eliminator/Dorado combo with yellow deemaxes. Send a PM if you're in the Charleston SC area, there's a few spots to ride urban around here.
I was the guy that snagged your pump in the lot.. Black Turner DHR

That was a good weekend to be there.