Quantcast

Snowmassizzle DH course

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
--from the Colorado forum----

Hey guys, does anyone have the scoop on the Snowmass National DH course? The site says it will be "All-new" and will be run out of the "two creeks" lift. I looked up the lift and it is a good distance from the village which will suck because the MTX is still on "phanny hill".
On the up side however: A)New course is a good thing considering the old one was blown B)the lift looks waaay long which hopefully means a long course.

Anyone have insider ifo on this shiZ?
http://www.snowmassnational.com/DH.htm

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
wow, sounds like might be worth going to this year.

then g3 the next weekend in granby!

you should come out alf!

alex

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
oh man, im heading up to whistler for days hella just because I thought the race would be on the course of ye old snowmass... dang, a new course is always good!

Props to the organizers for doing something cool and trying a new course.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
long course doesnt mean it's going to be good the whole way... word around the campfire. also heard it's about 2 miles drive between mtn x and dh. so yeah- sounds like pants full of taco bell to me.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
yo weed clear your pm's fool

ps kevin your sense of humor kills me. ill be in denver in 20 days for the big 2 1 if you wanna come be sober with a bunch of drunk idiots

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
long course doesnt mean it's going to be good the whole way... word around the campfire. also heard it's about 2 miles drive between mtn x and dh. so yeah- sounds like pants full of taco bell to me.
Damn debbie downer...It's more than a 2 mile drive from the MTX to the DH and another 3/4 mile up the hill from the base of the "twin creek" lift. This is of course more "campfire" talk. We can only hope that the quality of the course makes up for the distance from the village, should be nice not riding on a clapped out course for a change...fresh cut trail=:drool: :drool:

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
eff it. i'm spending the weekend at solvista. 3 hours pro practice friday, and 2 on saturday? doesn't sound like time off well spent to me.

ps: this pants full of taco bell dish sounds delicious.