Quantcast

Snow Summit re-opening to DH bikes?

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
From this picture taken from their website you would think so.
The owners of Bear Mtn and Snow Summit don't plan on opening lift access back up anytime in the future in their permit boundary area. And they can't understand how any resort in CA can make it profitable given the state's liability laws and how a lawsuit will always fall back on the owner/operator (as it did a few years ago). Let's see if Northstar can make a go of it...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
The owners of Bear Mtn and Snow Summit don't plan on opening lift access back up anytime in the future in their permit boundary area. And they can't understand how any resort in CA can make it profitable given the state's liability laws and how a lawsuit will always fall back on the owner/operator (as it did a few years ago). Let's see if Northstar can make a go of it...
Just curious because I don't know, but do the same liability laws cover the winter operation and the summer operation?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah, wtf? Maybe they are rubbing it in, that downhillers can't ride there.

I'll see if it has exif (for the date) later on my computer.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
I thought they ended up winning that.
I know I know, they spent a grip on their defense.