Quantcast

snow shooooooooo

I've seen it displayed by Eurotrash Rockabilly types. I assume they see it as a rebellious 'Merkin symbol and probably don't understand the meaning and history of it. Just like most Americans.
this is what i'm talking about. half of the united states doesn't even know it's history, i'd be hard pressed to believe that most of the rest of the world even has any idea what it means....

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Hard to believe Minnaar raced this place in the mud 19 years ago at the 2003 Norba with some true legends of the sport. Props to Greg some of the racers weren't even born in 2003. Looks to be another exciting race, Danny Hart on my fantasy roster this week.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hard to believe Minnaar raced this place in the mud 19 years ago at the 2003 Norba with some true legends of the sport. Props to Greg some of the racers weren't even born in 2003. Looks to be another exciting race, Danny Hart on my fantasy roster this week.
Yeah that is really cool. I was down there for most of those races. I still remember the alien honda pit w/ guys in lab coats...I think I have some photos from that, i'll try and dig them up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It can go from that to extra thick peanut butter your bikes won't fucking roll real fast.

I am fully aware of that horrible soil from years living in Virginia.

But the sloppy statement reminded me of a joke I heard long a go. A sailor on leave meets a lady with a questionable reputation. After a few drinks he finds himself servicing her erotic needs orally and starts to get little bits of food in his mouth until he declares that he is going to get sick and the nice lady responds with "that is what the last guy said".

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am fully aware of that horrible soil from years living in Virginia.

But the sloppy declarationg reminded me of a joke I heard long a go. A sailor on leave meets a lady with a questionable reputation. After a few drinks he finds himself servicing her erotic needs orally and starts to get little bits of food in his mouth until he declares that he is going to get sick and the nice lady responds with "that is what the last guy said".
:bad:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

at 3:51, is the course marshall saying "double red"?! footage skipped a whole section of track... if I'm not mistaken, one of the gnarlier rock gardens... any reports of bad injury out there?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Where is the rider union when you need it? ;)
Watching those videos and pictures it seems to be that:
- the track is rather flat or even uphill in some spots (WTF, it is 2022!!!)
- nobody anticipated it would rain
- parts of the track were build last minute, no chance of letting it sit (see pics of digger during track walk)
- lots of unpadded trees close to/on the track
- riders scared by the track

Why are the tracks not build in good time and at least tested in a local event, e.g. like in Andorra?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
- parts of the track were build last minute, no chance of letting it sit (see pics of digger during track walk)

Why are the tracks not build in good time and at least tested in a local event, e.g. like in Andorra?
The Bernard Kerr track walk showed some sections that still needed some work up top and some veeeery soft fresh features as well. They'll still make it work I'm sure but I kinda expected more prep in the lead up to a WC, unless there's been some issues cropping up over there?

Whats the go with padded trees in the US? I heard it mentioned in previous rider videos as well as a bit of an urban legend around here that you can't pad trees in the US, because if a rider manages to hit an unpadded tree it would show negligence? Is that for real? Beats me.

The Instagram videos look loose AF

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The Bernard Kerr track walk showed some sections that still needed some work up top and some veeeery soft fresh features as well. They'll still make it work I'm sure but I kinda expected more prep in the lead up to a WC, unless there's been some issues cropping up over there?

Whats the go with padded trees in the US? I heard it mentioned in previous rider videos as well as a bit of an urban legend around here that you can't pad trees in the US, because if a rider manages to hit an unpadded tree it would show negligence? Is that for real? Beats me.

The Instagram videos look loose AF
Digger at the finish line during track walk. :disgust1:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

the prior years snowshoe hosted the WC were later in the summer, i think it's less likely to rain then.

also, no trash talking snowshoe unless you want me to have a new intense USA USA USA

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I went to have a look at my fantasy team to see about tweaking it a bit. Only to discover "the event is live, teams are locked". Was thinking of switching Amaury out for Loris or Bruni. But in watching the Vital Raw video, Amaury seems more comfortable and committed to his lines than Bruni. Loris looks good too.

Wonder how qualis will go. Looking forward to watching this live...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

I won’t give any love as I think Snowshoe can be lacking on some trail maintenance. However Kerrs track walk was a little whiney if you ask me. Pouting about rain ruts at the top? It has been raining all week, pretty much impossible to not have rain erosion.

Aside from some of the fresh sections upper and lower hairball have been there for 20+years. I think I first ride that trail in 02 maybe?? It has been ridden and raced a lot. Snowshoe is also a temperate rain forest, it’s wet. The last couple times they were there they got lucky. I really have no idea how you could not anticipate mud at snowshoe, and that’s what makes it great.

I am just happy the see the pros riding in the same shit that we all ride in 85% of the time there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I went to have a look at my fantasy team to see about tweaking it a bit. Only to discover "the event is live, teams are locked". Was thinking of switching Amaury out for Loris or Bruni. But in watching the Vital Raw video, Amaury seems more comfortable and committed to his lines than Bruni. Loris looks good too.

Wonder how qualis will go. Looking forward to watching this live...
i made some swaps too. Hart because he's good in these conditions and has done well at snowshoe in the past. added Dak because he rides there a lot (lives near windrock) and might have a hot race after just winning national champs