Quantcast

Snow Season!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Snowshoe is making snow, it is kind of cold, i got my board prepped. Where will everyone be boarding/skiing this winter? Who is ready for some snow action?!?!?!?

I need to get out more this year since I didn't last year due to a broken foot. Anyone have a place at snowshoe i can crash some weekends?

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
ya I got a cabin at wintergreen. The skiing is alright. I was there last Febuary, and I was skiing of half slush half dirt. The park is kind of fun though. Usally my family and I take a trip out to Park City, Utah or Snowbird, Utah which is amazing. I was there last Febuary, it snowed every day I was there (8 days). One day at Park City is snowed two feet in a day and another foot at night. The backcountry there is amazing. Also Park City was voted best parks in the world http://www.pcride.com/winter/index.html Sucks I can't go there this year.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
If you want to stay around the east coast, I think going up to like Lake Placid, NY or Stratton, Jiminey's peak, Killington, or Stowe (all Vermont) is defenitly worth it. It is a long drive but its worth it if they are having a good snow season. the only problem with Vermont is it is SO DAMN COLD! I was there like 2 years ago in Febuary. I was on the lift and it was like -15. The skiing around here kinda sucks but its still kinda fun. I know Whitetail has a fun park and its only like an hour from DC. I will be at Wintergreen a lot this year. The park there is pretty fun too. Also I can't wait to try out my new board:clapping: (RIDE). My burton like broke in half in Utah. Also NEVER go to Hidden Valley, PA for skiing. It is terrible. I was there last Febuary it was raining all day, and only one run was open. Also the halfpipe had trees growing out. For around here, I hear snowshoe is the best. It actually gets a fair amount of snow and it stays cold enough around there to make a lot of snow. It is also the biggest mountain around here. My granpa lives near there. Says they already have a fair amount of snow.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Haha I second that never goto Hidden Valley. I will mostly be boarding at 7springs because its the closest mountain, probably make some trips down to snowshoe and holiday valley. 7 springs is actually stepping it up with there board parks.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Ya I heard 7 springs is actually pretty good. The thing I hate about the resorts around here is the snow quality usally sucks. It is like skiing on grass and slush. I am really gonna miss Utah powder this year.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Anyone have a place at snowshoe i can crash some weekends?
I've got a place at snowshoe. It's a studio in the Village. Hit me up if you're interested in renting it.

Other than that, I'll probably hit up the normal DC area resorts of Liberty and Whitetail, make a couple of trips to Snowshoe, and one trip out west, but I don't know where I'm going yet.

Aug 30, 2007
If you want to stay around the east coast, I think going up to like Lake Placid, NY or Stratton, Jiminey's peak, Killington, or Stowe (all Vermont) is defenitly worth it. It is a long drive but its worth it if they are having a good snow season. the only problem with Vermont is it is SO DAMN COLD! I was there like 2 years ago in Febuary. I was on the lift and it was like -15. The skiing around here kinda sucks but its still kinda fun. I know Whitetail has a fun park and its only like an hour from DC. I will be at Wintergreen a lot this year. The park there is pretty fun too. Also I can't wait to try out my new board:clapping: (RIDE). My burton like broke in half in Utah. Also NEVER go to Hidden Valley, PA for skiing. It is terrible. I was there last Febuary it was raining all day, and only one run was open. Also the halfpipe had trees growing out. For around here, I hear snowshoe is the best. It actually gets a fair amount of snow and it stays cold enough around there to make a lot of snow. It is also the biggest mountain around here. My granpa lives near there. Says they already have a fair amount of snow.

Jiminy Peak is in MA.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Oh, I always though Jiminey's peak was in Vermont my bad. I heard they have some great tree runs if the snow is good

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I live 10 minutes from Wintergreen, so....

I'll likely spend a dozen plus days at the Shoe.

I will be spending 4 days at Timberline with some friends in February partying down.

I'll make at least 1 or 2 trips out west as well.

I miss living in CO. I would have already been making some nice turns by now.