Quantcast

Small Parts Dealer for Intense????

BullBiker

Chimp
Nov 5, 2001
Flatland Florida
Looking for an online small parts dealer for Intense. Does anyone know of one? I sheared the main pivot bolt on my Uzzi SL and want to get 2 or 3 bolts, probably some derailleur hangers too.

Local shop will NOT become a dealer (Too Much hassle they say). Time for a new shop.

No other Intense Dealers w/in 2 hour drive. If I'm going to order by phone, might as well get it online and save state sales tax.

Thanks
L8R

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Call Intense directly and order the parts you need. While they would prefer you go through a dealer, they will work with you.

Ask for the warranty dept - not sales. ;)

1 909 678 4576

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
your shop doesn't have to be a dealer usually. They just have to call and say "we're XYZ bike shop in Florida and a customer needs a small part. We're not a dealer but would appreciate you sending us the parts for whatever price"

That's it, it's not hard. If you're LBS says they can't do it, it's them lying to you and being lazy, not Intense.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I broke the main pivot bolt on my Intense around this time last season. If you do go direct with Intense, make sure you get the person's name and follow up. I was told that the part was on it's way over and over but it never showed. I eventually had to get one from them at their booth at Snowshoe...in June. This is usually a pretty busy time of year for them with gearing up for Nationals (although who knows about this year).

BullBiker

Chimp
Nov 5, 2001
Flatland Florida
Well, as far as the shop lying to me, they're not. Intense wants them to become a "small parts dealer". I know because the manager is one of my good buds. The owner on the other hand is a bit of an $&*(^#) and doesn't want to open up yet another account.

If anyone knows of an on-line retailer, let me know! Otherwise, I'm going to try calling Intense Warranty direct during regular business hours.

L8R