Quantcast

sleep

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

• under 3 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5 hours

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • 5-7 hours

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • 7-9 hours

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • 9+ hours

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
If I ever went to class, I'd be somewhere around the 6 hour mark. However, my poor study habits and lack of scholastic ambition put me closer to the 10 hour mark.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I get 7 on a bad night. Usually 8 or 9 though. I definitely am not having any problems getting sleep. Mmmm.....sleeeeeeep.....

Of course, just like anyone, I have the occasional night where I just can't sleep.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I try to be in bed before 11 and my alarm goes off at 4am... so typically about 5 hrs... I'm hoping to be in bed tonight before 10... I definitely don't get enough sleep... :help:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Usually 6 or 7. The dogs won't let me sleep more than 8. They usually see something outside that is far more important than my sleep and either bark or lick my face until I let them out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've stopped drinking beer on a daily basis and have found I sleep much better. It is harder to fall asleep but I get a better nights sleep. I usually get in about 8.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
4-5 most of the time, till I burn out, then I'll do a couple of nights with 7 on the weekend...Last night I think I got 3 despite my best intentions...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
I've stopped drinking beer on a daily basis and have found I sleep much better. It is harder to fall asleep but I get a better nights sleep. I usually get in about 8.
:stupid:
I generally try to be in bed for 8 hours, but usually I get aobut 7 because I like to read before I fall asleep.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Between 6.5 and 7.5 these days. Less than that and I find it incredibly difficult to deal with the drain work puts on my brain and then try and do something after work. It's amazing how much mental exhaustion can turn into physical exhaustion!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
6ish hours... depending on the number times I hit 'snooze'

Unfortunately ity's not un-interupted sleep - my wife works overnights, and I'm a light sleeper so I can't sleep when she is getting ready. She gets up at 1 am to shower and change. So I sleep from 11pm to 1am, then from 2am to 5:30am... and hit the snooze till 5:45.

She on the other hand is insane - she works from 3 am to 10am, has an hour commute home, goes to the gym, then either goes to one of her other jobs (makes her own hours) or comes home and finds a project to do. She usually gets to bed between 8 and 9 at night! I wish I had that much energy still...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
In bed by 9pm, read for a while, usually out by 10pm. Alarm goes off at 4:30am :dead: = 6.5 hours.

I sleep in on the weekends until 6am :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
reflux said:
not nearly enough.
:stupid:

I get 6-7 most nights, due to insomnia that runs in the family. If I wake up during the night, I'm usually f*cked, because I can't fall back asleep. Hard to imagine what it would feel like to get 7-8 straight hours of sleep without waking up every night. :mumble:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
7-8 hours a night. the hours that i go to sleep and wake up vary depending on whats going on the next day. i make it a point to get plenty of sleep. i love it too much to miss out.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Sleep, what is this sleep you all speak of.

I am lucky if I get 5 hours during the week but saturday easy 10 sometimes 12. I have read that for some reason(i cant remember the term) woman cannot "catch up" on sleep, but men can. Goes back to prehistoric hunting and gathering behavior.

I cant wait till i start my next career (4 months) then I can set my own hours ... read sleep til 9am oh yeah!!!