Quantcast

^^^ sky time saturday ^^^

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
was up before 5, worked out, breakfast, now sipping coffee and doin this :monkeydance: thing.

later, dropping off a SHIT TON of old clothes at the S.A. (I feel like I just did this a few years ago), meeting a guy for an asphalt quote, and just maybe slapping on some fresh tires for the ol' bikearoo.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Since I stayed up so late, I apparently decided to make up for it by also getting up super early. Brisket and ribs in the smoker. Futzing with new computer trying to migrate quicken and a grip of photos. I'm sure there is a smarter and easier way, but I'm dumb.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Doing bills. Once the girls are up we're going through all the jackets, shoes, etc. Need to drop stuff at Goodwill then get new seasonal stuff. Also need to go through ski gear for what does/doesn't fit anymore, so I can start getting rid of it - karting needs paid for.

Wifey was out with friends last night, so it was just me and the girls for dinner last night. We were talking about this weekend and she interrupted me to say that she wants to race KAs when she's 15 (@jebfour), so it's stupid for her to not be racing Rotax now. KA100s are 100cc 2-stroke, 22HP motors, which will top out 75-80mph. She laid out the whole argument for why she should be switching classes and the progression to KAs at 15, so she's been doing her homework. I told her that she needs to address it with mom, since right now it seems like I am the one pushing this. We shall see how badly she wants to make this step.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
67°(19°) and tacky goodness in Alabama.

Sadly.. Alabama, but the trail is a hoot and "winter" is mild.
I've ridden Monte Sano a bunch of times, but probably well over 10 years since I last rode there. Whereabouts are you riding?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Rain all day today. Some errrands, lotsa' laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, indoor fetch with the DSO, screw around with bikes in the garage, and French onion meatballs with tagliatelle to be made for dinner.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
SAT > CLT > PWM

whatchew got?
i've got DEN-NRT. was to leave at 11:40. now delayed to 1 pm (at least) with a plane swap.

delay.PNG

thus we pulled back into the garage after I read my text informing me of this, and I'm making some $$$$ by moonlighting a few hours in the interim.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Domestic Dirtrider this morning as I will clean the house. Wife is in Pittsburg for a conference till Wednesday. I shall go fly fishing for native brookies later.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
I've ridden Monte Sano a bunch of times, but probably well over 10 years since I last rode there. Whereabouts are you riding?
MTN Chandler, near Gallant same mountain as Horse pens 40.

Methodist owned land from their chapel and cross up top down hillcrest trail to camp sumatanga.

Proactive trailwork has yielded curiosity for dh shenanagins on their hiking trail instead of any angst.

Local riders except me never touch it.

Their loss.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Well there's supposed to be some kind of "Ring of Fire" eclipse this morning.

Went to bed last night thinking CU Boulder (aka The Buffs. aka Coach Prime's team, this is american college football) was going to hold on to a land slide at half time. Only to find out they blew it in over time. Great work Coach Prime. Not.

Still in the hunt for a new eeb. Trek Fuel Exe still in the lead.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well there's supposed to be some kind of "Ring of Fire" eclipse this morning.

Went to bed last night thinking CU Boulder (aka The Buffs. aka Coach Prime's team, this is american college football) was going to hold on to a land slide at half time. Only to find out they blew it in over time. Great work Coach Prime. Not.

Still in the hunt for a new eeb. Trek Fuel Exe still in the lead.
He's shaping up to be the next coach of the donkeys.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Haven’t stayed up until 2:00 working on cars in a long time, fuck Toyota for burying their sensors, fuck the mouse who ate the wire. Shits fixed, only lost one bolt that holds a bracket to the back side of the intake, I’ll solve that problem another day, on that other day I’ll also be dealing with a torn CV boot, now officially at an inflection point, may hatred of emergency repairs balanced against my hatred of car shopping.

Now, 6.5 straight hours of kid activities, fun.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
at gate. through security—no line at all for Pre-Check. I guess short line for the actual metal detector. even with construction this and that at DEN no issues.

still haven't been upgraded, so as far as I know at this point I'll remain cattle class for the long-ass flight. row 50. hmph

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran a half marathon this morning and fuckin smoked it. 1:29:36! 6:47/mile pace on my watch. No way did I think I'd run that fast. No holding back on this effort...I completely emptied my tank. I got 3rd place out of 150 in my age group. :weee: Overall I was 137 out of 3440 runners. Not bad.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I ran a half marathon this morning and fuckin smoked it. 1:29:36! 6:47/mile pace on my watch. No way did I think I'd run that fast. No holding back on this effort...I completely emptied my tank. I got 3rd place out of 150 in my age group. :weee: Overall I was 137 out of 3440 runners. Not bad.
Yeah, but did you send it off of any sweet jumps?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Here. Doing bills. Once the girls are up we're going through all the jackets, shoes, etc. Need to drop stuff at Goodwill then get new seasonal stuff. Also need to go through ski gear for what does/doesn't fit anymore, so I can start getting rid of it - karting needs paid for.

Wifey was out with friends last night, so it was just me and the girls for dinner last night. We were talking about this weekend and she interrupted me to say that she wants to race KAs when she's 15 (@jebfour), so it's stupid for her to not be racing Rotax now. KA100s are 100cc 2-stroke, 22HP motors, which will top out 75-80mph. She laid out the whole argument for why she should be switching classes and the progression to KAs at 15, so she's been doing her homework. I told her that she needs to address it with mom, since right now it seems like I am the one pushing this. We shall see how badly she wants to make this step.
I ran KT’s for a while, which I believe was the predecessor to the KA. Do they run sportsman, super sportsman (no expansion chamber/pipe, just a “can” with holes), and full pipe classes with the KA? If so, in my opinion, it’s not a bad way to go. Using the same engine in multiple classes as she progresses.

If you go this route, work with the same engine builder for top and lower end rebuilds. If he does clutches, better yet. If I remember correctly I used Woltjer https://woltjerengines.com/ who was well respected.

Get to know how to tune that clutch. As always, feel free to PM me.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I, too, will be germ tubing in the sky today. Spent a lovely morning at the North Carolina Arboretum and now heading to el aeropuerto to catch our flight back to Denver. Then a three-hour drive home. Freaking awesome trip… great rides, tasty beers, fun music, and it was rad to meet @jstuhlman @jackalope and @Dirtrider while we were here. Boys, the crew all thanks you for the hospitality. Wouldn’t have been nearly as good of a trip without it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I ran KT’s for a while, which I believe was the predecessor to the KA. Do they run sportsman, super sportsman (no expansion chamber/pipe, just a “can” with holes), and full pipe classes with the KA? If so, in my opinion, it’s not a bad way to go. Using the same engine in multiple classes as she progresses.

If you go this route, work with the same engine builder for top and lower end rebuilds. If he does clutches, better yet. If I remember correctly I used Woltjer https://woltjerengines.com/ who was well respected.

Get to know how to tune that clutch. As always, feel free to PM me.
Local it's Rotax (micro > mini > Jr) then KA Senior (IAME KA100). There's only one ROK series and it's tiny, so nobody races it.

FDM are one of the top Rotax and KA tuners in the country, so it's a win-win.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
5 bags of stuff for goodwill. I deserve a beer.
I have the same. And they're taking up the garage. Then the wife was like, why don't you just call the DAV? They'll just pick it up! Wives can be useful sometimes. SOMETIMES. :D