Quantcast

Size recommendation for Foes Fly

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I am looking at buying an 03-04 Fly.

I will use the bike mostly for trail riding (keep in mind I live in S FLA, VERY short but steep climbs). My riding usually consists of riding from spot to spot where we stop and session and the occassional straight out trail ride. A few times a year I hope to make it to places such a Windrock and Snowshoe.

I also have a Titus Switchblade for the long ass trail rides I very occassionally do.

I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam. According to Foes I am right between a medium and a large. As a reference I have been mostly riding a large Bullit with a Super T and 67mm stem. The setup of the Bullit feels about right, maybe a tiny touch too long. I have ridden a few medium Bullits and they feel too short.

I am leaning towards a Medium Fly because the bike will be mostly for play than long distance riding. I figured with a 70 mm stem I might be just about right for size.

What do you all think?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Very small addition, I am hoping to make a trip up north to try a DH race or two. Mostly to just try it and see what it is like. :D

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam and ride a small frame with an 8" Foes fork and a 50mm stem, fits well for dh but could use a longer stem / shorter fork for long trail rides (very upright position the way it is, but easy to manual).

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im 5'9" and a medium is a little big..... I wish I had gotten a small.

My buddy rides a large Bullit and we trade once and awhile and his large is almost exactly the same size as my medium.

Get a medium.