Quantcast

shops in Seattle?

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Depends on what you are looking for. I like the dhzone for service, and Supergo for all my accessories, and gear since they price match. Ben at Unreal is a great guy...can't go wrong there.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
PNW forum...

Bicycles West or Cycle Center is your best choice for service and selection.
For DH specific service DH zone has good wrenches but I don't buy many parts there.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Are you moving to Seattle? Downhillnorthwest.com (not to be confused with the DH Zone) is awesome. Simon--who runs it--mostly does coaching and training, but he runs a small shop as well (not much in stock, mostly special-order), and he'll give you a great price, plus he's a good guy, and his mechanic is awesome.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Tully said:
Are you moving to Seattle? Downhillnorthwest.com (not to be confused with the DH Zone) is awesome. Simon--who runs it--mostly does coaching and training, but he runs a small shop as well (not much in stock, mostly special-order), and he'll give you a great price, plus he's a good guy, and his mechanic is awesome.
cough cough cough.....

But yes...his mechanic is awesome....He's the only guy that works on my bike.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
MMike said:
cough cough cough.....

But yes...his mechanic is awesome....He's the only guy that works on my bike.
So is Simon the one who busted your fork :rolleyes:

Honestly, for parts, I usually just call up Go-ride. The service and staff knowledge is great, they are a local shop so it's not like your going mail order, and the stuff is cheaper than local even with shipping.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
buildyourown said:
So is Simon the one who busted your fork :rolleyes:
No...Simon would poke his own eye out if he even picked up an allen key.

My fork broke because I'm a dumb-ass. It just came apart while in the care of his mechanic. Nobody's fault but mine.

errrr....I mean, "I was just riding along...."

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
MMike said:
errrr....I mean, "I was just riding along...."

Yeah, that's the line. You just keep saying that over and over. You shouldn't have outed yourself on the internet. I had my rear brake bolts come loose once but because of the design of the mount, the tabs don't take any stress.

jollyrodger

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
MMike said:
DH Zone is also great if you want to be treated like an asshole, and made to feel like they are doing you a favour by selling you stuff....

They build bullet-proof wheels though...
Couldn't have put it better myself. But at least they do good work.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Oh it's a long, ugly story.... and doesn't really need to be dragged out on the internet

But Luc came into to town...Simon treated Luc like a total ass. Completely uncalled for. (Of course Simon thought he was completely justified in lambasting Luc...as is his wont)

There's a lot more to it, but sufficed to say I haven't spoken to Simon in a couple of years now...

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
MMike said:
Oh it's a long, ugly story.... and doesn't really need to be dragged out on the internet

But Luc came into to town...Simon treated Luc like a total ass. Completely uncalled for. (Of course Simon thought he was completely justified in lambasting Luc...as is his wont)

There's a lot more to it, but sufficed to say I haven't spoken to Simon in a couple of years now...
That's too bad. Simon has always seemed like a really nice, helpful guy, so that was pretty surprising to me.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Tully said:
That's too bad. Simon has always seemed like a really nice, helpful guy, so that was pretty surprising to me.

Hey! what happened to your true confessions about your feelings on DH Zone?

And yes...Simon will be your best buddy in the whole wide world, as long as it serves his purposes...

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it. I'm sure this is going to get back to him and he'll get his knickers in a twist...

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
My true-confession feelings about the DH Zone were deleted, because I forgot to quote the post I was responding to, so they seemed kind of out of context in the turn this thread took. Anyhow, I do think the DH Zone is knowledgeable and does great work, but their attitude can get really old.

Does anyone have any experience with Finn Hill Bikes? They're closer to my house, and they seem to sell a lot of freeride stuff.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i was just looking for any descent shop...we have a day off tomorrow and i figured i'd check out some shops. dh-oriented, roadie-oriented, whatever. though, my 24" Launches are looking like they need to be replaced.

but after the absolutly craptastic time i had trying to get mail from the post office during rush hour, finding lost riders, and driving without a map, trying to find a church in the burbs, i think i'm just gonna ride tomorrow.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
the Inbred said:
i was just looking for any descent shop...we have a day off tomorrow and i figured i'd check out some shops. dh-oriented, roadie-oriented, whatever. though, my 24" Launches are looking like they need to be replaced.

but after the absolutly craptastic time i had trying to get mail from the post office during rush hour, finding lost riders, and driving without a map, trying to find a church in the burbs, i think i'm just gonna ride tomorrow.
Don'tcha just LOVE driving in seattle? I almost tore the steering wheel off my rental car when I first landed here out of sheer frustration.

And I think I can say without fear of contradiction, that riding around here is much more fun than hanging around the shops......