Quantcast

Shooting at Dawson College

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
just 1 question and im not starting any arguments between the USA and uk but why is there so many guns in the USA and canada

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
just got this email

It's pretty bad :-(

they just talked to one guy, and he saw 5 people get hit, said the guy had some sort of small machine gun typed pistol.

Reporters saying it may now be MORE than 2 suspects shooting ..... damn. Some very seriously hurt they are
not saying.

More injured in there they can't get to.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
just 1 question and im not starting any arguments between the USA and uk but why is there so many guns in the USA and canada
Because there is a market.

Armies of trenchcoat-wearing-acne-riddled-virgin-WOW playing-Slipknot-fans with access to mom's purse.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Damn, didn't Michael Moore visit CN in bowling for columbine to ask students there why there were never such incidents in their country? MMike, are those other incidents you mention in CN as well? I hope the victims of this are rescued and pull through if seriously injured. Just goes to show we are dealing with these things together and not apart.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Damn, didn't Michael Moore visit CN in bowling for columbine to ask students there why there were never such incidents in their country? MMike, are those other incidents you mention in CN as well? I hope the victims of this are rescued and pull through if seriously injured. Just goes to show we are dealing with these things together and not apart.
Those other situations were all in MONTREAL, not just Canada.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Because Armies of trenchcoat-wearing-acne-riddled-virgin-WOW playing-Slipknot-fans with access to mom's purse in the UK are always 10 years behind the latest trends of trenchcoat-wearing-acne-riddled-virgin-WOW playing-Slipknot-fans with access to mom's purse over here?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Because Armies of trenchcoat-wearing-acne-riddled-virgin-WOW playing-Slipknot-fans with access to mom's purse in the UK are always 10 years behind the latest trends of trenchcoat-wearing-acne-riddled-virgin-WOW playing-Slipknot-fans with access to mom's purse over here?
UK atwarvwpsfwamps have more acne, because of all the chips ya know.

School shootings - damn. I am so glad I got my kid out of Oakland.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Jesus...another senseless tragedy. I don't understand what motivates kids these days to take another person's life.
50 bucks that by the evening news, this will be blamed on the video game and music industries....

ukjason said:
Fine, you want a crappy civics lesson...here ya go. Buncha years ago we revolted. We had guns. The people that wrote the law thought about the possibility that the government that we ousted might be back, so they put in a few phrases about the right to have guns. It's become a part of our nation.

People shoot for sport, have guns for protection (Never know when you'll have to use that fully auto AR-15 on 3 dozen burglars wearing head to toe body armor...), and just generally like getting a hard-on from holding something that has the power to kill another being (animal, alien, human....whatever).

There's a definite market for it in this country because it's engrained early on that guns are an American way of life in a lot of people. They're easy to get because of said stigma and the fact that the government lobbyists make it so.

I'm sure that if people in the UK started playing too much GTA:SA and listening to Slipknot and Mudvayne that you're school shooting statistics would make a meteoric rise... :disgust: :disgust: Cause that's the problem :rolleyes:

There....sufficient?

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
50 bucks that by the evening news, this will be blamed on the video game and music industries....

Fine, you want a crappy civics lesson...here ya go. Buncha years ago we revolted. We had guns. The people that wrote the law thought about the possibility that the government that we ousted might be back, so they put in a few phrases about the right to have guns. It's become a part of our nation.

People shoot for sport, have guns for protection (Never know when you'll have to use that fully auto AR-15 on 3 dozen burglars wearing head to toe body armor...), and just generally like getting a hard-on from holding something that has the power to kill another being (animal, alien, human....whatever).

There's a definite market for it in this country because it's engrained early on that guns are an American way of life in a lot of people. They're easy to get because of said stigma and the fact that the government lobbyists make it so.

I'm sure that if people in the UK started playing too much GTA:SA and listening to Slipknot and Mudvayne that you're school shooting statistics would make a meteoric rise... :disgust: :disgust: Cause that's the problem :rolleyes:

There....sufficient?
No need to get arsy about it.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
i agree but back to my comment at the begining don't everyone own a gun plus i would of thought your security guards would be armed

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
No need to get arsy about it.
Sorry. My intent was not to be a dick. I assumed (incorrectly) that at some point your guy's schooling system would've addressed this as at least a tertiary topic of discussion. No worries though.

I'm just fed up with the "It's everyone else's fault" crap that gets thrown around whenever something like this happens.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
i agree but back to my comment at the begining don't everyone own a gun plus i would of thought your security guards would be armed
Nope...usually campus security (Usually referred to as Rent-a-Cops) don't have weapons because guns aren't allowed on campus. And they're not actually law enforcement officers. The University of Washington (where I went for awhile) has their own police force with training...the whole nine yards.....so they carry weapons...but it's a campus that's the size of a small city so they can justify it.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Nope...usually campus security (Usually referred to as Rent-a-Cops) don't have weapons because guns aren't allowed on campus. And they're not actually law enforcement officers. The University of Washington (where I went for awhile) has their own police force with training...the whole nine yards.....so they carry weapons...but it's a campus that's the size of a small city so they can justify it.
...actually it varies from campus to campus. Here in Pennsylvania I've seen campus security cops driving full-on police issue cruisers with 12-gauges bolted upright to the dash in security locks. This was at Edinborough University near Erie Pa.

Here at Penn State we have a rifle team AND I just found out a rifle range on campus. One of the frats here (known as the "Tree" House) is comprised mostly of Forestry majors and go on bear hunts regularly.

I don't mind our gun laws here in the U.S. - if there were a law prohibiting the ownership of one I think it would put law abiding citizens at a huge disadvantage when it came to protection and self-defense.

Unfortunately you get someone who goes around the bend from time to time and perpetrates these kinds of horrific acts.