Quantcast

Shiver SC problems...

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I have a 2002 Shiver SC and at the junction beween the crown and upper legs I have been getting a gradual accumulation of dirt/oil after rides. Its kinda like what is left on the stanchions when seals start to go bad. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with this fork. It also tends to make a slight creaking noise under heavy braking.

I know I should call Marz, but I just wanted to check in with you guys first rather than send it in and have them tell me its fine and being forkless for weeks.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
The creaking is fairly common in pre-2003 Marzocchi single crowns. I'm not sure about the oil accumulation on the crown, though.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Marz forks are pretty notorious for cracking at the crown, not so much the earlier models, but the ones with the M-Crown. Def. call them about it.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I wiped off the area around the crown and put the fork upside down, so we'll see if any more oil residue forms. Hopefully I was wrong and its not oil and the creaking is something else. I don't want to accept its cracked because you guessed it... I'm broke!

Anyone have anything to say about Marz's policy repairing an 02' fork? (I know, I know call them already damnit!)

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Most likely, you will get a crash replacement (discounted new fork or fork parts). I know they did this for old Z1 owners, but im unsure about shivers, they used to take your old Z1 as a part trade in for a new Z1 or dirtjumper. I think you had to send in like 150 plus old fork.