Quantcast

Shipping frame from US to Canada

Youc an also unbolt the swingarm and fold everything in on itself to fit things in a smaller box, for cheaper shipping.
Yes do that and you can get it in a wheel box and save quite a bit. USPS is the cheapest. Fedex has more detailed tracking but it is more expensive. I ship stuff all the time to Brazil and always use USPS. I sent a Izimu frame to Aussieland last year for like $120-130 I think.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
USPS is by far the cheapest for international. However, they won't do a frame box FROM the USA. I've received frames from Canada from them, but when I tried to send one, they said no.
Ended up having to go UPS at 3x the price.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
USPS is by far the cheapest for international. However, they won't do a frame box FROM the USA. I've received frames from Canada from them, but when I tried to send one, they said no.
Ended up having to go UPS at 3x the price.
just curious how recent that was. i sent a frame to Australia about a year ago through USPS. as long as all the documentation was done correctly there were no issues at all.

dyno

Chimp
Jun 5, 2002
I bought a frame from the US in January and I was charged $72 for shipping to Canada via USPS. The frame came in a factory frame box. I never saw the "actual" shipping costs, was just told it was $72, which to me is believable. It's a 6" travel freeride frame.

Also, I paid GST/PST on the cost of the frame on arrival.

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
just curious how recent that was. i sent a frame to Australia about a year ago through USPS. as long as all the documentation was done correctly there were no issues at all.
Different countries have different restrictions. To send a frame to Chile I had to ship it in 2 boxes. It cost me $90. If I had it in one box, USPS wouldn't have been an option, and UPS would have been $800!