Quantcast

shimano bleed issue help

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Have you serviced the Caliper? Even chopping one 1/4 of one of those yellow brake blocks out so you can put it in the caliper and push one piston out at a time and clean it, and oil it, might be the key.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
on a side note, and let me know if I should start a separate thread for this, i have just received one of my new XT brakes (M785) from CRC. They didn't ship both together as they are back ordered on the front brake. However, they are set up uk-style - or moto style) and I'm going to have to swap the lines and levers. Having never done this myself, how big a job is it, and would getting that little funnel kit be worth it? I will say that the new levers look beautiful... mmmm shiny!
No need for funnel, you can even get away without a bleed, but this is doubtful, and tricky. Just push the fluid up from the caliper, try to not get any air in when connecting syringe, back pull a touch even so the connection bubble comes back into syringe. Then just push fluid through till you see the new hose connection bubble come out.