Quantcast

Sherman Slider Plus

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Well my slider plus is WAY to soft.. i have put up to 100psi in it and compressed the red knob down all the way.. still doesnt do anything.. i opened it up and i found in the left leg that there is 2metal spacers and a huge spring.. the right leg i found "oil" it more seems like water cuz its so damn thin.
I was thinking i should put thicker oil in it but im not sure what type of oil, it says 5/40wt synthetic oil.. and im guessing thats motor oil!? Can anyone help me why this stupid fork wont work properly? oh yeah the rebound knob doesnt effect anything as well..
Thanks Mike

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
If the fork seems soft and with the pressure and SPV volume you have set I would say the first thing you need to do is put the right spring in your fork. Most of the sliders + forks I have run across that blew up, leak, have poor rebound adjustment, use high SPV pressure and/or have the SPV volume cranked in past 4 turns:

1) do not have the right spring in them.
and/or
2) do not have the right oil level.

These 2 things are the most critical for setting a slider + up. If both are not right there is absolutly no way these forks can be adjusted to work right........period. These 2 things are also critical to how long these forks will last.