Quantcast

shaturday gfmt

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Kitchen reassembled. Wifey doing dishes where granite powder forced washing. On to... Lawn work sounds good. Bikes soon enough @jonKranked.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
happy i never throw away old hard drives....seems i have misplaced my main consolidated portable hard drive....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Doing something dumb?
Something dumb could not be achieved. Drove to the trails where I'd planned the dumb and 300 runners had just set off for some event.

So drove elsewhere and did just 33 miles and 4500ft vert on singletrack.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
3GUo4rLQpIwLfFTxX5KjSMovpGTeAuX9Wxrwqei5eH8-2048x1536.jpeg

I even wore my Ridemonkey jersey today. Short sleeves would have been better in retrospect.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sho you also tried to ride on squaw pass today?
Negative, there were running events everywhere today, we headed to buff crick, was trying to do a 47 mile loop there but an ultra marathon had just started. There was a half marathon near Evergreen too.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lawn mowed. Old car seats sold. Added some more heads to the garden irrigation system. Beer. Need to pack stuff for riding in the am.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
30 miles on the weird tt bike. It keeps getting easier to handle, I’m starting to feel pretty comfortable on it even at high speeds. I’m also getting a lot faster. I’m like a spandex clad rocket. 4 minutes off my 10mi Tt time and I’m now 140/5500 for my favorite local segment. Wish I was faster on the 10mi segment but life is hard.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent a bunch of time to get MIL's TV replaced. After every, go to hang it, and the screen was cracked. Waste of fucking time. Costco is sending a new one with a return shipping label.

Haley's bike is now ready to roll and the Yeti has the correct weight spring on it. 4x needs a box.

No studying was accomplished.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Subaru is no longer in your life?
Kind of, still not fixed. I wasn’t going to take the beating on trade, so it’s headed to the Subaru dealer to see if they can figure out wtf is wrong with it. Then I will sell it.
But relieved that the Mrs has a car to drive and we don’t have to play musical cars every day.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Kind of, still not fixed. I wasn’t going to take the beating on trade, so it’s headed to the Subaru dealer to see if they can figure out wtf is wrong with it. Then I will sell it.
But relieved that the Mrs has a car to drive and we don’t have to play musical cars every day.
What was it doing and what year is it?

EDIT- Not something dumb like someone connected the no no plug?

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
What was it doing and what year is it?
2013 with 2.5.
All started with the AWD not working. It has been in and out of shops since January. They finally figured out that was a solenoid in the transmission. But since it’s been getting worked pretty much every warning light on the dash is flashing, parking brake light, abs, check engine, traction control.
Last shop said they think the timing system all needs replaced.
It has always burnt a lot of oil, eats headlight bulbs, have done rear wheel bearings twice. (Just rolled 150,000)

I had been trying to have local import shops work on it as the Subaru dealer is an hour away.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
2013 with 2.5.
All started with the AWD not working. It has been in and out of shops since January. They finally figured out that was a solenoid in the transmission. But since it’s been getting worked pretty much every warning light on the dash is flashing, parking brake light, abs, check engine, traction control.
Last shop said they think the timing system all needs replaced.
It has always burnt a lot of oil, eats headlight bulbs, have done rear wheel bearings twice. (Just rolled 150,000)

I had been trying to have local import shops work on it as the Subaru dealer is an hour away.
You are in the insurance industry and you have acces to heavy equipment. I am not advising fraud, but perhaps you need to start parking more the subbie more strategically…

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
You are in the insurance industry and you have acces to heavy equipment. I am not advising fraud, but perhaps you need to start parking more the subbie more strategically…
The thought has crossed my mind. I think driving to Chicago, leaving it idle with the window down and walking away might be easier.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To follow up record rainfall in April and May we have already exceeded June's monthly average.

Kitchen cabinet door has never closed properly for what I assume was a century's worth of paint. Stripped it down with fun chemicals as sanding possibly leaded paint seemed like a bad idea. The menagerie of ugly colors was impressive, pinks, baby shit browns, baby blue and lime green. That old solid piece wood had some impressive grain structure but I resisted a natural finish and painted it white again.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
To follow up record rainfall in April and May we have already exceeded June's monthly average.

Kitchen cabinet door has never closed properly for what I assume was a century's worth of paint. Stripped it down with fun chemicals as sanding possibly leaded paint seemed like a bad idea. The menagerie of ugly colors was impressive, pinks, baby shit browns, baby blue and lime green. That old solid piece wood had some impressive grain structure but I resisted a natural finish and painted it white again.
As you have no motivated spouse, the question is obvious: why?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Last night we had almost a 1/2 inch of rain between 12-4am. That is a lot of water for here!