Quantcast

Shake N Bake - Sam Hill's World's Bike & Lid

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
nugget said:
Weee Sweet, Do you have a bigger pic of that bike?

36lbs is crazy light.. mines at 40 :( 4 more pounds to go..

pick shoulda been bigger...when i post it up on Photobucket, it keeps making it small. i'll see what i can do later. I believe it's the exact same parts that he was running the last couple of weeks (maybe a couple of brand new things)....so nothing much has really changed

yah, a little grind here & there doesn't hurt, eh? lol

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Thats a stock 07 Sunday frame, the frame is 0.9 lbs lighter than the 05 / 06 factory, so in the 9s. Helmet looks dope!

Dave

DsDhBxracer13

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Burlington, Vermont
DW you say a pound lighter puts it into the 9s. I got a 2006 USA frame a couple of months ago popped it on a digi scale and it came out at 12.75 with shock. Is in the 9's with a shock on there to. Just curious because I know I was suprised with my frame being a bit heavy.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
ohhh...Well good job to who ever did it.

You need to go to the options and adjust the max pic size. If it is higher than that, it resizes it.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
The '07 frames are lighter than the '05 Factory frames? That sounds hard to believe unless they are coming with ti springs. The '05 Factory front triangles with the thin downtubes are crazy light.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Acadian said:
as a comparison, my 05 17" frame w/o shock is 9lbs.

is there any weight savings when comparing the 07 links vs pre-07?

apparently so

RaID said:
What are the benefits of the new links besides "solving" the pin problem?
Does it change the ride characteristics at all?
dw said:
lighter, stronger, easier assembly, less parts, fits more shocks, looks cooler, uhmmm... yeah, thats it.

Ride characteristics are unchanged.

Dave

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
the 07 factory had bigger shock hardware, the chainstay was a lighter material or the tubes were a lighter material and there were some other little ajustments according to zeb at fluidride

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
dw said:
Thats a stock 07 Sunday frame, the frame is 0.9 lbs lighter than the 05 / 06 factory, so in the 9s. Helmet looks dope!

Dave
so how much dose this years factory weigh? or are they the same frame for the complete bikes as well as the frameset?