Quantcast

Servicing Syncros factory rear dh hub

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Hey there,

Just wondering does anybody have any experience with servicing these hubs, I know there are six bearings in this hub. four oversized bearings located in the hub shell and an additional two in the freehub body.
I would like to change the bearings in it myself, but if anybody has already done this, and has any info or tips on how to complete it without destroying the hub I would greatly appreciate it!
anyway thanks in advance for any help...

regards,

rayhaan

presslab

Chimp
Jan 16, 2007
You can unthread the axle by using the flats on the end caps. To get off both caps use a bolt extractor in the side you've already taken off - there are notches in the axle but if you use those they will just break off as I found out.

Once you do that you can take off the freehub. I noticed on mine the spring was really weak to pull up the pawls, so I bent it a bit. The weak spring on mine caused a pawl to chip the ring gear.

I haven't replace the bearings but I'd guess it's a simple matter of pressing on the axle and supporting the hub to get half the bearings out, and directly pressing the bearings out on the other side of the hub.