Quantcast

Seattle - What do I go see?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I'm gonna be in Seattle for the Supercross race this weekend. What else do I go see? Space needle, Pike Market, duck boat tour... I haven't been there since I was a kid.

It might actually be sunny when I'm there too.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I'm gonna be in Seattle for the Supercross race this weekend. What else do I go see? Space needle, Pike Market, duck boat tour... I haven't been there since I was a kid.

It might actually be sunny when I'm there too.
It's supposed to be great this weekend! Sunday they're saying 70!! Do all of the above, but where is the race? Seattle proper? Do you just want to do touristy things? If you want to ride or hike or anything I can point you towards some sweet spots... :)

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
The race is at Century Link Field and we're staying not far from there. From the map it looks like close to downtown.

No bikes this time just touristy stuff; we fly in late tonight and leave Sunday afternoon. It was a last minute thing bought tickets and flights last night.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Sweet! If you get a chance to do the Underground Tour, that's always good, and near the stadiums.

I would definitely take the water taxi over to Alki and have a meal at a hole in the wall over there. There's just a boardwalk with sandy beaches and beautiful sunsets... and sometimes you can watch the whales from there. There are lots of places out there to rent kayaks too, if you are interested in Sea Kayaking, but definitely just go over there when it's warm and hang out.

McCormick and Schmitt's has great happy hour. I used to like to sit at the one on 1st and spring and eat cheap appetizers... but there are so many great happy hours... just find a place that looks good and I'm sure it will be. And look for live music. Doesn't matter where... though I'll see if I see anything in the band line-ups...

I still have to look at what's going on in the city for myself, so if I hear about anything going on, I'll post more here for ya!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
My wife and I like gasworks park for a cool view of seattle and the mountains. Also fun to see the old industrial stuff turned into a park. Usually busy, but its fairly large and should be quite beautiful Sunday.
Skibunny has great ideas as well.
I'll be at the supercross too! Wife just bought tix for me to take my father in law- awesome!!

4130biker

May 24, 2007
The races were sweet! Tomac was so fun to watch. What'd you end up doing?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Seattle was awesome, the people were friendly and there was lots to see and do. We ended up doing a duck boat tour, wandering Pike Place and the waterfront; then we hit the aquarium.

Seattle is what Vancouver thinks it is but without the arrogance and air of superiority. Its definitely in the top three for cities I've visited so far.

The race was great, the fans in Seattle are way better than the fans we had to deal with in Vegas last year. Roczen was was ripping on the 350 against the big boys and the Tomac/Wilson battle was fun to watch. Anyone know what happened to RV? Is he injured?

4130biker

May 24, 2007
I heard he took a bar to the chest and got the wind knocked out of him- as welll as a footpeg "stinger".

That was an article I read a couple hours after the race, so not sure what really happened.