Quantcast

Seattle (Eastside) Riders?

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Hey,

I'm temporarily set up in the Woodinville area and I have no idea where to ride. I really need to get out this week so anybody willing to show me around some of the local freeride trails (assuming there are any)? I might be old and slow and a bit of a FR noob, but I can hold my own.

Just fire off a PM.

LOL! Found this just now:

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Those are some tight shorts! Just kidding. Most everyone I know will be in Whistler this weekend. Head up to Tiger Mountain and do the loop.
Any local shop can give you directions. It's a great intro to the area although it's more xc up it's got a great flowy downhill. Good luck!

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I was thinking it's the pack. Or maybe the cutoff t-shirt, with the chest protector on the outside. That's some style.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
I am with largextrecheese.....the shorts are worrisome :twitch:

St Eds is fun, flowy single track, not really any FR stuff though. SST by the airport is your best bet I am thinking

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Don't let the baggers on this site let you down. Your best bets for "FR" trail riding would come from all the posts you see here about said trails. Just a little surfing would give you about 6 local places that I can think of with either lumber or dirt features. Depends on how far you want to drive from Woo-ville too. SST is about 30 minutes or so from there south on 405.

Try the new trail wiki on the BBTC website. www.bbtc.org or check out the calendar there. A little farther away and worth hitting is Galbraith and info is at www.ridegalbraith.com which has trails, etc.

Tiger has the longest descent in the area and can be pretty fun going down. But, watch for climbers on your way down. It does have the most straight forward trail system for going solo thought and maps are also on the web if needed.

I won't be in town this weekend or I'd love to have another excuse to get out and show some goods.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
THANK YOU!
I've ridden Galbraith once and it was a very fun place to ride. Lately I've been spending a lot of time at the Woodlot in BC (my house is about 15mins from it). I figured there had to be something around here.

Not too worried about the baggers. I surf too so the whole localism thing was (somewhat) expected, although I really have not hit it in the MTB world nearly so much. I figure that if someone chooses not to ride with me because of what I am wearing, I probably wouldn't want to ride with them anyway.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
No worries. I assume that there's more out here that still wear lycra than you would think here. Try the WA page of mtbr for the more epic inclined and more lycra clad. There's nothing like the Woodlot around here but you will find if you poke around enough that we're working on it.
However, now that you gave away that you've ridden Woodlot a lot, you've made a lot of instant friends who will want tours...:clapping:

There's some fun djs near the Willows Run GC and some mellow stunts in Perrigo Heights behind the Nike park for a quick fix.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Are you going to be around this Friday? If so, we should hook up. I'll be doing something local and fun - just not sure what as of yet. Either east side or something in-city.

If you can roll Woodlot, you'll do fine on most of the stuff around here...mostly.