jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
is it worth paying more for titanium railed saddles to save weight
or just stick with cromo rails on your downhill bike

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
i think that it is a good place to save weight as long as you havn't had any problems with bending cromo rails in the first place. my slr seat has been through some dirt jump accidents when i let my friend borrow it. i've never bent one though.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If you are going for ti rails, go for one of those road saddles with no padding.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I-flys are super light, just a thought.

I've never had problems with Ti, another good option IMO.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
another vote for i-fly

i've had nothing but good experiences with mine

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I've had good luck with Ti rails. I go through one seat a season at most, so it's a justifiable place to shed some weight for me. I refuse to put ibeam on my bikes.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I say I-fly.

Partially because I have one, and it was a huge noticable difference from the post and seat compared to my original railed post and seat.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
ive had bad luck with the fizik ti railed seat the cp one with the gel in the middle, it got ripped to shreds in a few crashes, got bent, bent it back, then i got it recovered in some really hard but budda soft grey leather, got another half a season on it and then i was just riding along after a drop and i feel something hit my leg and my bike so i sit down (bad idea) and stab my package on the rails. turns out the little miniscule screw that hold on the front of the seat ripped thru the plastic. so i ran the seat strapped up with hockey tape for the rest of the year.

thats my experience with fizik and i just dont think there worth the money after that.

hehehe, i get alot of hate from using this seat... it works, nuff said....
what seat is that?

i was going to go for a ibeam setup, but i decided to just grab a percy seat and throw it on my thomson.

right now im thinking sell italia slr or something of the like they aren't to pricy.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
wow I din't know you could mount a front derailleur on those....D
You can't really. The 223DD you could, but with the 224, they lowered the swingarm too much to make it feasible anymore unless you use a BB mount derrailleur...then you can, barely. Why you would want to is another question though...

My bike was pre production (I picked it up in august the year before) and it had all sorts of whacky goodness going on.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
You can't really. The 223DD you could, but with the 224, they lowered the swingarm too much to make it feasible anymore unless you use a BB mount derrailleur...then you can, barely. Why you would want to is another question though...

My bike was pre production (I picked it up in august the year before) and it had all sorts of whacky goodness going on.

ok I was looking into possibly getting a Patriot FR...just thought it was interesting that their full on DH rig came with a front der. mount...D

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
I found my Sette Ti railed seat on ebay last year for $25.
which is funny since you can buy them from pricepoint for $20.

Ti railed seats are the way to go thought, if nothing else they are so uncomfortable that they remind you to stand up and pedal

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
My attempts at light, ti railed seats haven't gone well. They bend pretty easy IMO.