Quantcast

Sea Otter 2014!!!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Any Monkeys gonna be at Sea Otter this year?

I'll be in Grand Prix Camp # 177

Come by and say hi. If you find me I promise beers and herbal remedies.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Any Monkeys gonna be at Sea Otter this year?

I'll be in Grand Prix Camp # 177

Come by and say hi. If you find me I promise beers and herbal remedies.

I wanted to make it out this year but it aint gonna happen. :(

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
ummm nope.... Yeah I know and I only live an hour or so away:think:[/QUOTE

Funny. I've lived 15 minutes away my whole life and yet never set full on the Biltmore Estate or in the house until last summer. But that's because I'm not a history buff. As a mountain biker, I couldn't stay away from Sea Otter just so I could be amongst "my peoples". ;)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Arriving Saturday afternoon, wearing my yellow "I'm Alaina's Daddy" jersey. Racing the Cat2 Clydesdale xc Sunday, will be in my Voler custom pink jersey/shorts, and..... drum roll, please..............

Was granted my #814 plate!!!!!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Arriving Saturday afternoon, wearing my yellow "I'm Alaina's Daddy" jersey. Racing the Cat2 Clydesdale xc Sunday, will be in my Voler custom pink jersey/shorts, and..... drum roll, please..............

Was granted my #814 plate!!!!!!
More importantly, what bike are you riding? I was on pins and needles reading through your thread wondering what the outcome would be.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Adventurous, I decided on the FuelEX, as that frame was given to me at no cost. I figure I need to represent those that helped me the most, though I also know the Banshee would be funnerererer than monkey poop.

dhmike, thank you for the words of encouragement. I'm thinking, with the longer 25mile course, I'm shooting for a sub-3hr mark. I know, that would be one heck of a land-speed record, haha, yet a fine time for me.

On to Sunday!!!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Awesome weekend!!

mantispf, where's the race report?

Dumping pics in quasicronological order. More to come.

Sunrise over Fort Ord

Thursday DS practice

Staying cool in the shade

Thursday DH practice

Gapping groms

Peeping the open wheel racers

Pro DS Finals. AMURKA!!!

Even bikes like to stay warm by the fire

PEDALPEDALPEDALPEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Rock, here's my report......

Arrived in Monterey about 2 p.m., since wife was super cool and ready before I thought she'd be. Checked in to our room, Travelodge on Munras, got her settled, and she let me go solo to get my pack and tour the expo on my own for a few. After a brief delay getting my plate (I did get granted 814, which was out of sync with the normal division numbers, so they had to search for it), I did a quick tour of the expo, seeing a few of my sponsors along the way. Was really happy to see Jimmy Mac of MBA fame, as they have put me in print on several occasions. A few selfies with others, and I was back to take wife out to dinner. Got up the next morning on time, get to the venue, and was able to arrange for the announcer to allow me to re-propose to wife when my group got to the start. Funny, she still says "yes" when I ask. Off, and for the next 2h49m, I was in bliss. No, I wasn't setting any speed records, I did have a head-on with a Cat3 rider the took a wrong turn and was going the wrong way (that was funny, watching it again since I recorded most of my race), and lost my front shifting, as a bolt holding the bearings to my chain stay pivot fell out, so I had to stay in granny to keep the bolt in place. Fine for climbing, sucky for any sort of speed. Crossed the line in a better mph average than the last time, and even beat 2 other riders. I was very happy with my ride. Another flow through the expo, and it was off to spoil wife for putting up with my addiction.................. that is, until next year!!!

Now to see if I can share the pics to photo bucket, as I'm still learning the new-fangled iMac we got a few months ago.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
More dumping!!

Lopes vs Powell (I think)

Binggeli vs Strait

Playing for the crowd

Binggeli vs ???

Lopes vs Cody

Merikuh!!

Fvck Yeah!!