Quantcast

Save $$ Preregister NOW! for Gravity East #2

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Just a reminder it is $5.00 less to Pre-reg for the 7 Springs race online and it closes the 10th. Onsite is 5.00 more. So preregister here: http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=10919

All of weekend schedule and race info below, 7 Springs is an awesome venue. Pre-register NOW! Closes Midnight Thursday the 10th of June. Save money and save time (there is a Pre-reg line at 7 springs)

Please bring your USA Cycling License to registration or your printed "Authorization to Ride" printed from USACycling.org.This speeds up registration. Pro and Cat 1 Must be upgraded/Renewed online at USA Cycling Please see addtional Info and Rules/FAQ at Gravity East Series

Registration Info:
No Friday Onsite Registration is available Note* On-Site Registration is $5.00 additional, so thank you for registering online.

7 Springs will be open to the Public for Freeriding and course inspection Friday 6/11/10 Lift Service available 10-5pm $29.95 Lift Ticket

7Springs Resort Ride Waiver is required by the resort, so please print out and fill out prior to the event and save onsite registration time.

Saturday Onsite Registration Pro $65.00 Cat 1,2,3 $60.00 9-4pm Saturday 6/12/10

Course Practice 10-4pm

MMR Clinic 8-10am 6/12/10 Course Closed to only walking inspection Online & Onsite Registration of MMR Clinic Available

Sunday Onsite Registrations Pro $65.00 Cat 1,2,3 $60.00 8-10:30am 6/13/10

Course Inspection Runs 8-10:00am

Race Start ET is 11:15am

Awards to follow Official Results TBD

$1000.00 Pro Purse $5000.00 Finals Pro Purse

NEMA Contingency Program is also available to earn cash racing Check it out here

Product Prizing for All Amateur Classes: Provided by Host Resort 7Springs, GES Presenting Sponsor VonCooper.com (Official Video Production Company of the Gravity East Series) also these great supporting Sponsors - e13, Kenda Tires, Hayes Bicycle Group, NEMA, Mad March Racing, Derailed.com, PinlkBike.com, DHD Race Promotions, SpectraSport PR Services.
All Standings, Timing, and Registration managed by "All Sports Events"

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
usacylcing website is a cluster****, how about posting the link to the authorized to ride form.

anyone tell me what I need to do to race (aside from the race fees/reg itself?) I've never raced before and am a little unclear what I need to do. I'll probably run cat3 since i have no idea what the cats are like.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
blackohio:

Race Cat 3 for your first race. That is what they used to call the beginner class. No shame in racing it for at least the first year.

Authorization to ride is a printed copy of a racing license. You will not need it. Just get a daily license at the race or sign up for an annual license if you want to accumulate points. If you want the license ahead of time, click the join link on USACycling and print it off after you join. Youn need to be a member and signed in to see it.

good luck

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
yeah not sure how many GES races ill be able to make it to and dont really care about points or year end standings.

Do they race cat 3 and 1 on the same course's usually. I've ridden 7springs before and even their "pro" rock garden is pretty easy. I'd hate to get stuck on a course below my skill level but at the same time want to have fun. I dont think im a beginner by any means but never having actually raced before Im not sure how hard I actually push myself.

plus im old fat guy.

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
yeah not sure how many GES races ill be able to make it to and dont really care about points or year end standings.

Do they race cat 3 and 1 on the same course's usually. I've ridden 7springs before and even their "pro" rock garden is pretty easy. I'd hate to get stuck on a course below my skill level but at the same time want to have fun. I dont think im a beginner by any means but never having actually raced before Im not sure how hard I actually push myself.

plus im old fat guy.
that rock garden might seem easy when you're just riding through...but you've got to see how fast these guys go through
like that in a race. I always thought I was pretty good at downhill until I started racing last year...you should try it and see how you do! it's so good for you...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
oh i know how fast those guys go, im not trying to be pro but i've gone through that fast (by normal standards) a few times and its fun. who knows though, i ride with some really fast guys and do alright. Im totally fine racing cat3 for this summer and see where to go from there.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Looks like a kind of fun course but i don't know if its worth the 5+ hr drive. Wide open for sure.
You never know with All Sports Events doing the timing what you are going to get. They have mucked up SO many events and in the end the venue looks bad, not the fools running the timing.

Last edited:

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
Is this race the same as Massanutten where race entry includes a lift ticket for both Saturday and Sunday?

Sorry if this is a silly question...

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
Is this race the same as Massanutten where race entry includes a lift ticket for both Saturday and Sunday?

Sorry if this is a silly question...
not a silly question at all...the entry does include a lift ticket for both days. these races are actually pretty good deals (if you don't include gas, hotel, and all the other stuff). make sure you get a one day usac license if you don't have an annual one. this was the first race i was in and it was a good one to start at...now i'm hooked!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005

plus im old fat guy.
Category 3 (beginner) does not mean you are a beginner mountain biker. Just beginner racer.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
I just saw this on the GES Press Release - an additional “bonus” lift ticket for some post-race freeriding available for just $15 following race’s conclusion.

Are they serious we have to pay to ride after our race runs.....tell me this is a misquote please!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I just saw this on the GES Press Release - an additional “bonus” lift ticket for some post-race freeriding available for just $15 following race’s conclusion.

Are they serious we have to pay to ride after our race runs.....tell me this is a misquote please!
Yes, looks like a $104.95 weekend for entry fee's. $140 for Gas. $200 for hotel.
8 hours driving each way. Good luck to all in attendance.

June 9, 2010; Conshohocken, PA, USA: A downhill race on a cruise ship? Well, maybe not literally. But the Gravity East Series presented by Voncooper Productions may have found the next best thing. “People call our resort the ‘Cruise Ship’,” laughs Joel Rerko, Action Sports Director at Pennsylvania’s Seven Springs Mountain Resort, the venue for this weekend’s Gravity East event. “You park your car when you first get here, and you never go back to it until it’s time to go home. We have four restaurants, three bars and the hotel with pools and hot tubs all within a five minute walk from the finish line of the downhill, and we’re building another temporary bar with its own DJ right at the finish line for this weekend’s race. It’s definitely not a race where you leave your family at home, we have more than most people know that you can do here. We even have a promotion for unlimited activities that includes swimming, rock climbing, bounce house and a ton of other activities for kids.”

The amenities may be similar to a cruise ship, but from a mountain bike racer’s standpoint, there are certain advantages to being 150 miles from the nearest port. Among them are trails designed by three-time World Champion Eric Carter, two of which are included in this weekend’s Gravity East track. It’s a layout with striking similarities to last weekend’s World Cup at Fort William: mostly man-made trails, fast, flowy, lots of berms and the big “showtime” jumps at the bottom. Last year, the trails were new, but a year’s worth of riding has finished packing-down the trails, and maintenance this spring removed the dust and pebbles from the berms resulting in a grippier surface. And it’s the banked turns and traction that define the character of the Seven Springs track, “If you can carry speed in the berms, you’re gonna win,” says Rerko matter-of-factly. One major change from last year’s inaugural sees all classes competing on the same course. “Last year, the trails were new and we had the Cat. 2’s and 3’s bypass the most technical and dangerous sections,” explains Rerko. “But after listening to rider feedback, we felt comfortable letting everybody run the pro course.”

Seven Springs also prides itself on running a “tight ship”. The entire mountain will be closed to all mountain bikers except registered competitors during the Gravity East race, and lift lines during last year’s Gravity East weekend rarely exceeded five or six persons. Based on the amount of space devoted to the race on the Seven Springs website, the Gravity East Series presented by Voncooper Productions is an important event for the 4-seasons resort, which is located about 90 minutes southeast of Pittsburgh. In addition to the regular unlimited activities package and other promotions, Seven Springs is offering $99 flat-rate hotel rooms (same price regardless of number of guests).
Lift service will also be open from 10:00 until 5:00 on Friday before the race for just $29.95, and an additional “bonus” lift ticket for some post-race freeriding available for just $15 following race’s conclusion. As always, Gravity East pays the online registration service fee, so riders that enter the event through BikeReg.com by midnight on Thursday will save an additional $5.

For more information on the Gravity East #2 at Seven Spring and other races on the Gravity East Series presented by Voncooper Productions, see www.GravityEastSeries.com.

Last edited:

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
Too bad the cruise ship doesn't allow on site camping. A hundred dollar room rate isn't a substitute for camping. I would also imagine they will have fees for taking bikes into the rooms.

That and the fee to ride sound pretty "squeeky" for a resort that is usuaslly pretty laid back and cool with such things.