Quantcast

"Saturday GMT"

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had all my fishing gear ready to go for a morning session ...Effing boss called and needed me to do one run today. fat bastard in a power wheelchair...the went fishing. got to pick him up at 4:45 am and his return is at 10. Sometimes I hate being the go to guy in Management. I will use this as leverage to take a nice long vacation this year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sun is out and the birds are chirping.

Going to wash and clean the car today shortly. Then this evening meeting up with some random dude to take a look at his STi, which has an OEM Forester hitch installed. Hopefully this will solve my bike rack problem.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stretching the shit out of my right foot at the moment....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Older kid is sick: fever x 5 days plus she says her ears hurt. Off to the pediatrician. Also on docket: picking up new/old fridge, Costco, Walgreens. I'm finally getting a new Epipen as mine dates from 2011, iirc.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I might have just had my best ride of the season. Solo, sunny, cool (50°f), hero dirt, no mud, no bugs, vegetation is not thick enough to impede vision of little kickers and doubles in the woods. Such a fine day. Picked up artisanal beer and ice cream on the way home, next up I pick up lobster for my wife's birthday dinner. Then I get to hang out with the boys while she goes to hang out with her friends.

Man, I needed that ride. I think it changed my outlook on life!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it hasn't rained since the end of april around here.....all it did during april is rain.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fooking hell day. Rain this am while transporting the fat guy in a power wheelchair to Dialysis. 3 hours later while heading back to take him home Ambulance 305 had a blow out and the retards on board didn't know how to change a flat tire, had to detour and go instruct them on how to do it. Two hours later, just as I am turning ito the office to call it a day the CEO calls and asks if I am near the office. Ambulance 303 forgot the stair chair to carry a patient out of their house. I grab it out of the office and drive 35 miles to the heart of Oakland. I wanted to scream, the house had 5 wide steps and it never occured to the retards to just put the 100 pound person of the fucking gurnery and take the dam thimg head first down the stairs one effing step at a time. Twenty somethings have zero problem solving ability. My 5 hours shift turned into 10:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn good 5K this morning. 19:45. No win, but third place overall and a personal best time. That was a little bastard of a tough course. Two tough courses I've done in a row. I need to find a flat one. Got home and did 20 nice miles on the roadie.

Don't hate.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
sun came out while I was running errands. I'm super gun-shy to even TRY to take a road ride. :tinfoil:

I had a confirmed @stoney sighting earlier. Got caught up briefly but we need to hang/ride/beer/etc soon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
bought a ceiling fan. guy at the store told me it could accommodate a light adapter kit. turns out store guy was wrong. motherfucker :rant:
I'm going to put Big Ass Fan Haikus in the upstairs bedrooms of the new home. I think they will improve my quality of life what with the SenseME sensors, smartphone app, and Nest integration and they have a nice integrated LED ring.

/me is oontzy

In other news, the (non-newborn) kid measured 103.9F at the pediatrician, and I managed to shuttle the garage fridge home successfully between the torrential rain and hail showers.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In other news, the (non-newborn) kid measured 103.9F at the pediatrician
Dinner plans canceled for tonight because our single spawn is also with a fever. Wife confirmed teh EbolaSARS was making the rounds at school last week. Fortunately they brought it home with them for the long weekend. :hmm:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you CO people need to suck it up and ride in the dang rain. sheesh.
having lived in colorado....no fucking way.

thunderstorms where the sky is almost a black/purplish color...not to be fucked with...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm going to put Big Ass Fan Haikus in the upstairs bedrooms of the new home. I think they will improve my quality of life what with the SenseME sensors, smartphone app, and Nest integration and they have a nice integrated LED ring.

/me is oontzy

In other news, the (non-newborn) kid measured 103.9F at the pediatrician, and I managed to shuttle the garage fridge home successfully between the torrential rain and hail showers.

I actually installed a whole house fan the other week. Works awesome.

The ceiling fan today however... Wife and I decided we'd be OK with a ceiling fan without a light (we rarely use the overhead light that's already there). Got it wired up, nothings. Turns out it was a defective unit. :stosh:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Shop day. Can't ride with broken ribs, but at least I can slowly build things.

Getting the lathe organized. Tired of digging through the pile on top.

Got a chunk of 6AL-4V Ti to experiment with. Decided to make a ring to start.

Finished up the cart for my CNC plasma stuff to go on.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Evening Monkeys.

Epic day with the little monkey at East Fort Rock. Finally got a hold of GFF on Thursday, but he is without bike, so we got lost on our own. The flash floods yesterday made for epic trail conditions today. Not too hot or too dusty, and barely saw anybody on the trails. I would post the video I shot with my fake GoPro if I could figure out how to link facebook vids, it works pretty well.