Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Waiting for the rain to clear, coffee and Olympic MTB at 10:30. Looking like a singlespeed weekend!!

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Morning all! Work all day today!!! I got all registered for the classes I need to start back to school yesterday, very excited about the end result from this round of school. However, I'm not excited that the year of pre-reqs that I have to take is mostly intro classes, so I will be in there with a bunch of 18 year olds who have just graduated from high school.

Excited none the less.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
up at four and out the door by 5. Working all weekend doing an EMT standby at a horse show in Livermore. It is supposed to get up to 104* at the show grounds. I have 40 pounds of ice packs made up, and a case of water and a case of gatoraid on ice to deal with overheated spectators and competitors. Thankfully I have my air conditioned camper to hang out in until duty calls

oh and surfing the monkey while chowing down

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Lucky bastard!
Sounds like a perfect day you are having while me and Da Peach are at work!
Yup, what a jerk. Missing crankworks... ah well. Kind of a zoo anyway.

My riding weekend next weekend will make up for it! Big mountain fun awaits!!!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Today is the two year anniversary of my broken neck. Fvck paralysis.

I'm missing a weekend of hook related activities in NorCal, and I'm bummed to miss a chance to see many friends who have not seen me since the accident. However, I am getting my stuff ready for a trip to Vancouver to visit the doctors and hospital staff who saved my life. I'm leaving Thursday for Van. Then I head to Whistler on Friday for Crankworx, spending the weekend with the guy who was with me when I wrecked.

Today is a photoshoot with the band, so we have pictures for our album-release promo. Tomorrow is two hours of rehearsal, followed by two hours of jamming with friends.

Now it is off to the gym for cardio. After three weeks with the trainer I'm seeing massive gains. I dropped three pounds of fat in the first week, and I've gained four pounds of muscle mass since then. My trainer agrees, I'm the strongest quadriplegic he's ever worked with :)

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Dropping the engine and tranny out of my crashed dune buggy today. I had buyers for the wheels and buggy as-is, but then I couldn't bear to sell it. It's not looking too bad so far. Better than I thought.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What did I miss in the last week? anything good? Great week, just got home, pics will come later seeing I just rode 14 hours to get home......... Not all pics can be posted here on the monkey though so I have to pic and choose...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sitting around hoping my f**king nerve will magically unpinch. Had an MRI last evening and am heading to the ortho/neuro guy on Tuesday.

This DL $hit is getting old.
No, you're getting old. :rimshot:

I'm just about halfway through a 24 hour in-house call shift (in-house as in the hospital the whole time, not in my own house). The good news is that this is the last one I'll have to do. Woo. There are a few other long ones yet, but this is the last one that's actually a full 24.