Quantcast

Santa Cruz V10

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
im probally goin to get a v10 for 08, been saving up for a while now and im looking for some thoughts on the bike or reviews from people who have ridden one

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
They feel nice. I parking lot tested one, and it definitely feels more lively and stable in its travel than the old ones, even though the new one was undersprung for me. They're small though, the M I rode felt way smaller than my M Demo 8.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
No one has ridden an 08 because they're not available other than a few lucky people like me.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
well from what ive been reading they didnt make too many changes to the 08 so any review would help

Pierluc

Chimp
Nov 17, 2006
i ride a 07 v10 and i like it. During the 1st ride its odd how the rear wheel stick to the ground compare to my ironhorse sgs. Bike is a bit sluggish at slow speed with that slack head angle but when going fast / steep i really like it :) Pedals pretty well, Frame looks solid. Riding in the mud scratches the paint so damn quick, maybe anodized is better for that. Bearings are still perfect so far.

The BB is kinda low for our technical hill i took a while to get use to it, 14.9inches high i believe, then add the 4-5 inches sag to that...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i havent rode one but i did see a guy with a V10 smash the BB on a rock at a race... it is lil low, but i am sure that depends on sag too

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
well from what ive been reading they didnt make too many changes to the 08 so any review would help
they re-made almost everything, its almost 2 lbs lighter with a carbon fiber upper link. they also lowered the standover and designed the rear end to ride higher in its travel for a "livelier ride"

so yes, they made some changes

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
For the new V10, as per my LBS said which will be available around end of November.

I am consider to buy and I have a 06 Sunday right now. I have riding the classic V10 before and I think the new V10 got a lot of improvement.

Did anyone know any significant geometry changing of it?

Thanks!

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
My riding budy owns a V10. he and i did a bike switch one day. i ride a Demo 8 normally. first thing i notices was its responsiveness. He had a Roco rear and a 888 front. the bike actually acceletates through everything. we ride the east coast so we live on rocky technical stuff. The bike Eats everything for lunch. I mean i came out of fire road decents and rock gardens faster than when i went into them. Its almost scarry how fast you can make the bike go. Also it responds to EVERYTHING you do. Something as simple as pushing the bike through a burm and leaning into turns makes you accelerate out of said turn. I have never run a Sunday and that bike seems to be the V10's main competition so i cant comment on the two comparisons BUT i have run a Glory, Demo 8 and 9, and Trasition. The V10 is a pure race bike. i mean the thing just hauls and goes as Fast and your ego and nerves can make it go. not to mention it pedals! i mean it pedals like an XC hard tail! Im not saying the bike has its downfalls with all those moving parts in the suspension design and its new frame with that cammel hump in the top tube BUT ... i sure would like one :)

Like wize If you ride Freeride FOREGET ABOUT IT !!! ! its worthless for doing anthing but going fast. My buddy ALWAYS brings 2 bikes when he rides. the V10 for our fast race runs and either a Bullet or a VP free for our Free ride, drops trails, north shore inspired stuff. so dont think about taking it off anthing fancy and trick like. it wont do it. BB is too low.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
what he's trying to say is that you're a jabronee for repeating almost exactly what i had just posted, only slightly incorrect:poster_oops:
well thats beacause i was showing that i am reading up on everything you guys say and i got that off of the link that jvnixon gave me for littermag that i havent read before...