Quantcast

Santa Cruz v-10 gen 8 and adjustments

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Dang that was a fast progression from whack slacked out 26" mullets that are xxs for you and also imbued with monster energy logos to a 29" v10
:bonk:
Getting back into riding had to make sure I was all in after TBI.
Tried a couple times over the years and it was going through the motions, this time we ripped a DH trail and I was laughing the whole way down...so I knew it was time...

Wanted to make sure it's what I wanted to do..after a couple builds and getting current ,good to play now..

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Was chatting with a guy today we were talking about getting some riding in, he's going to help me with backflips and slope style type riding..couldnt figure out how he knew so much, we were watching vids on his phone ..checking out his jumps and ramps....
Yep Dylan Stark is a cool guy...

So Waiting on a custom ttx22m and doing schwalbe tacky chans tomorrow...got a O-chain ordered for the SRAM setup...get it's first ride next week.
20240106_181827.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Bikes too light...36 lbs . So going to go alloy cranks, alloy bars, possibly weight the BB or down tube to keep it really low..38 for me is right where it seems to run well..less deflection and less chatter..numbs the peaks on things.
don't bother with all that shit

at 36lbs on a 29er dh bike you'll find out real quick what needs to be replaced

ditch the plastic bars obviously

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
how the fuck did you get to 36#? all my "do it all" single crown 26 or 27.5 bikes forever have been 33#-35#...which for me is the sweet spot when built right and set up properly...

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
how the fuck did you get to 36#? all my "do it all" single crown 26 or 27.5 bikes forever have been 33#-35#...which for me is the sweet spot when built right and set up properly...
First, he got no chain. Two, no dropper. Sird : Always tares his scale with a foot on it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Get back to me when it has an oval ring and an o-chain. Otherwise unrideable.
Nope, I'll have to page woo first...

It's funny how people rely on what it does on paper and theory, I don't rely on that...I read about it. , get it cheap so no placebo effect and ride it to see if it works for me or not ..I rely heavily on magic and theory of "if I close my eyes I'm invisible!" ...i know I go invisible even though the wife says she still sees me...she says that to prove a point but I know I'm invisible...I can't see me..

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Nope, I'll have to page woo first...

It's funny how people rely on what it does on paper and theory, I don't rely on that...I read about it. , get it cheap so no placebo effect and ride it to see if it works for me or not ..I rely heavily on magic and theory of "if I close my eyes I'm invisible!" ...i know I go invisible even though the wife says she still sees me...she says that to prove a point but I know I'm invisible...I can't see me..
good ol bullcena...you can't even see him bruh!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Never knock the ability to feel invisible

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
wow, the top of that frame is already fading
Right, that's ok...I'll buff it with my nuts when I ride...I got this!

So here's a odd fact with red .red color in tattoos messes with heart rate monitors...other colors are fine..my sleeves done mess with Garmin, but buddy who has retro tatts and red in it, it won't get a read on his HR..called Garmin and that was one of the first questions they asked.

And yes red tats fade first...lol
Mine are all black and white/greyscale

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Right, that's ok...I'll buff it with my nuts when I ride...I got this!

So here's a odd fact with red .red color in tattoos messes with heart rate monitors...other colors are fine..my sleeves done mess with Garmin, but buddy who has retro tatts and red in it, it won't get a read on his HR..called Garmin and that was one of the first questions they asked.

And yes red tats fade first...lol
Mine are all black and white/greyscale

IMG_0782.jpeg

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
the tattooed are responsible for that it rains all the time

from a german meme site that promotes clean, inkless skin. as only criminals and other lower life have them. weil reine haut reinhaut!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
chest strap.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Lol well that's why I stick around RM....if your not down someone will knock you down and of course in come the kicks...
Nah, my man, I'm just pulling your chain. I'd wish I had ridden the trails you rode, jumped the jumps you've jumped and even broken the bones you broke. Mad respect to those old :monkey: making a living on the bike industry and still riding their asses out :headbang:.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Nah, my man, I'm just pulling your chain. I'd wish I had ridden the trails you rode, jumped the jumps you've jumped and even broken the bones you broke. Mad respect to those old :monkey: making a living on the bike industry and still riding their asses out :headbang:.
It's easy, don't think (shut down that noise maker between ears) , jump before you look too long and lack as much skill as possible , ride on reaction and self preservation....lmao...always get up and don't show pain...never get airlifted out...own it!!! We are all going to die at some point so don't get all whiny!!!

Alot left to hit and a lot of ground to make up since TBI...I'm avoiding regret, trying but there will be a lot I'm sure...

see it's not too late for you
Wife says these are shit lessons I teach my kids lol...so we plan and lesson when she's not around...

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I hear you! I'm the only one in the late 40s in my crew who still jumps, crashes and gets up to keep on riding.

I wish I had better trails, but my local ones are as flat as Claudia Schiffer's rack, so my lack of confidence comes from not riding challenging features often enough.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I hear you! I'm the only one in the late 40s in my crew who still jumps, crashes and gets up to keep on riding.

I wish I had better trails, but my local ones are as flat as Claudia Schiffer's rack, so my lack of confidence comes from not riding challenging features often enough.
Yeah. 51 this month, just went pro in Hyrox battling the 25-30 yr olds so Anaheim and New York will be a good events.Crossfit and strength competition I still crush guys...so biking is no different, I have goals and I am on the less talented (jump wise) compared to the crop of guys I'm surrounded by, but hand them their ass in downhill and tech drops and rocks...but they talk $h!t to me (in good form lol) and I know I can do the stuff cause I can and Its me and I trust them..

Also racing DH this season again...

So keep getting up and keep trying... building a bigger ramp, want a 7-8 footer...I'd like to get 15 out and 12-15 up for backflips...start close and then pull it out...