Quantcast

Santa Cruz v-10 gen 8 and adjustments

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well one of the guys local broke his rear triangle in his new v-10..no damage to bike came in hard apparently and it snapped the upper right side chainstay...I'll get a pic from Javi tomorrow...it was warrantied.

Can't say if it's a weak point or if it's just one of those things and why we have warranty cause sometimes something didn't set right...my guess is didn't set right due to the amount of stress rear triangles see and the years SC has been building solid rigs...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Well one of the guys local broke his rear triangle in his new v-10..no damage to bike came in hard apparently and it snapped the upper right side chainstay...I'll get a pic from Javi tomorrow...it was warrantied.

Can't say if it's a weak point or if it's just one of those things and why we have warranty cause sometimes something didn't set right...my guess is didn't set right due to the amount of stress rear triangles see and the years SC has been building solid rigs...
that's where my n4 broke. figured it was torque from a weird angle when i landed...wasn't even a really big hit...
1709209687950.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i do love me some mastic tape...got it on the underside of the down tube too, and under the stupid hollow "shuttle guard" :rofl:
Yeah its super nice, though I've never tried removing it, if thats even possible.

Did you notice much of a difference stacking it like that?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yeah its super nice, though I've never tried removing it, if thats even possible.

Did you notice much of a difference stacking it like that?
i just did it to follow the form of the chain slap noise reduction ones that started coming on later gen models...figured why not, not like it was hard to cut a few more strips. bike wasn't noisy (until the crunch when it broke) so i guess it worked?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
that's where my n4 broke. figured it was torque from a weird angle when i landed...wasn't even a really big hit...
View attachment 208414
His did this but half the size and same thing where it cracked 90* of itself as well...under the ride wrap and tape ...lol

Duct tape seems to be the next logical forward move..

His was same no damage from a strike just a really odd load on the rear and it did it like yours