Quantcast

Santa Cruz Heckler Review

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
I thinking about getting the heckler with the coil shock over the summer. All I want is a review to know is how u guys like it so far. Are there any broken parts? and Hows the pedaling on it and is it durable?

Thanks
:help:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I have a 04 with a 5th and love it. One gripe is the paintjob because i didnt get trans colors or anodization so the paint just rubs off so fast. It's the most versatile bike i've owned and can withstand tons of abuse. I've run it with my 04 Super T and it felt amazing. You can build them anyway you want and its a great bike to ride.

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
I had a 04 all last summer and liked it very much, upgraded to the v-10 this year, peddling was very good with the 5th element, rear was very stiff, I liked all of it, I'd get the anodized or polished verison next time.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
I have an 04 Heckler as well, and I love it! It pedals really well. My only complaint is the paint job, and I have it in trans-blue, it just seems very thin. If you get one, I recommend putting a Fox Talas RLC fork on it, they f'ing rock!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I was going to ask what you plan to use it for but then I realized it almost doesn't matter. Get one, you'll love it, I'm a bit biased but I can't say enough good things about it. Mine has gone from trail to light DH to jump/park bike. I've had a vanilla 125, 6" boxxer, and now a sherman on it. I've had air and coil shocks. The geometry works in lots of different configurations - they really nailed it. With a coil platform shock it pedals geat. Haven't had one problem, it doesn't even creak. If there's a Heckler cult, count me in. Heckler: :love: :love:

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
OGRipper said:
I was going to ask what you plan to use it for but then I realized it almost doesn't matter. Get one, you'll love it, I'm a bit biased but I can't say enough good things about it. Mine has gone from trail to light DH to jump/park bike. I've had a vanilla 125, 6" boxxer, and now a sherman on it. I've had air and coil shocks. The geometry works in lots of different configurations - they really nailed it. With a coil platform shock it pedals geat. Haven't had one problem, it doesn't even creak. If there's a Heckler cult, count me in. Heckler: :love: :love:
Well im going to use it for dirtjumping, a little downhilling and quite a bit of freeride.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
It's definetly a great all around bike i love mine. I plan to put a air dhx on the back and a pike sl up front to lighten it up but so i can keep some stronger wheels for when i do want to ride it on the rougher stuff. I've run it for DJ, DH, FR, Trail, XC and it wasnt amazing in some of those areas but its a versatile bike. I love it for trail and dh stuff its just so fun.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
***MTB*** said:
Well im going to use it for dirtjumping, a little downhilling and quite a bit of freeride.
That's pretty much what I use mine for now. It's light and tight enough for DJ, but with the right fork (at least 150mm) it's enough for bigger stuff and light DH. You can fit 2.7 DH tires if not bigger, that helps with the shortish travel. Get a Fox 36 or another fork with adjustable travel, you'll want it about 4.5 for DJ and up to 6 for the other stuff.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I am in love with my heckler.. its an older model but this is the bike that i take everywhere with me... it does it all and it is super tough!!!!!!!!!!

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
Anyone else have a heckler? I was also wondering about the bullit? (I forgot to add that to the main post) What would u recomend. I do a little downhill (every summer), and dirtjump and freeride quite a bit.