Quantcast

Santa Barbara riding 10/9-10/10

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Noah, others,

I have to be in Santa Barbara for work this Thursday and Friday but I should be done by 4 on thursday and 2 on Friday so I'm thinking about bringing the trail bike and getting some riding in on one of the days. Can anybody point me in the direction of the best AM riding up there? Anybody want to show me some of the goods? :spam:

I will pay with a 6pack of the finest miller lite money can buy!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Damn, I'm outta town this weekend, going to a wedding in Tahoe. Have fun and play that cowbell!

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
I, like all hard-working Amerikuns, will be at work those days...

but I'd recommend heading up Romero (it's a fireroad that has mostly gone back to s/t) - long but fairly easy climb - you can then drop down the Romero single track (not what you came up, but a pretty fun actual s/t ride that crosses the fireroad you went up at one point) -or once up top head over to San Ysidro (San Ysidro has a serious cliff switchback that I believe has caused at least one fatality, so if you do SY, keep an eye out for that).

Both the Romero (s/t) and San Ysidro trails are less gnar than Tunnel or Cold Springs - but are fun and have some short but fairly technical sections at the bottom (think streamside Cold Springs). The Romero loops are pretty big rides - but really good and drop the same vert.

Another option would be a loop that rode the road and the dirt up to where Tunnel drops to the dirt road - keep heading up the dirt road past Tunnel and drop into Jesusita (Jesusita has more poison oak than any trail I know - so if you get it, be forewarned) - Jesusita is fun, crossing the stream many times and having some fun rocky sections

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I, like all hard-working Amerikuns, will be at work those days...

but I'd recommend heading up Romero (it's a fireroad that has mostly gone back to s/t) - long but fairly easy climb - you can then drop down the Romero single track (not what you came up, but a pretty fun actual s/t ride that crosses the fireroad you went up at one point)

Thanks, that was some good advice.