Quantcast

Salute to Dink

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
good write up you sissy!!! see you tomm. night at the hotel at mountaincreek. remember, i will defeat you!!!!!!!!
you needed a pic of you in a prison pose like me and stoney!!!!

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Nice write up:monkey:

But for the love of god, it's impossible to go 75 mph on your mountain bike on a fire road!!! You're computer is f-ed up. Now your ignorance is documented in a newspaper, and anyone who knows anything will think you're an idiot.

TDF riders top out at around 65, with 15 lb bikes, pilots who are the fittest in the world, drafting, on perfectly smooth pavement in the most aero position you can get in (land speed records aside).

Milby=busted.

See you at the Creek!!!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Originally posted by Matt D
Nice write up:monkey:

But for the love of god, it's impossible to go 75 mph on your mountain bike on a fire road!!! You're computer is f-ed up. Now your ignorance is documented in a newspaper, and anyone who knows anything will think you're an idiot.

TDF riders top out at around 65, with 15 lb bikes, pilots who are the fittest in the world, drafting, on perfectly smooth pavement in the most aero position you can get in (land speed records aside).

Milby=busted.

See you at the Creek!!!

GAHAHAHAA owned.

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA

thanks for clearing all that up for me matt. maybe when i can spend more time online then on my bike i can get that smart too.

:thumb:

sorry im such a dumba** but down here in the flat land no one has a clue on this type of riding. the biggest point is that it is a fast sport not some beach cruiser bike path riding. next time ill make sure a get the radar gun out to get you an exact number. I'm such an idiot for getting the sport and my sponsors some media. hope to not see you at the creek.

to everyone else thanks for the thoughts.

banche you dont stand a chance...

later

milby

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Just stating the simple fact that a downhiller is not going to go 75 mph, no need to get your panties in a banch. Oh wait ridetoofast was behind him, of course it's true:rolleyes:

I didn't say anything about bad press or that the article shouldn't have been printed, in fact I commented that it was a nice writeup. Since this is a cycling board, saying something about a detail about the article seemed appropriate. And don't give me that "computer mountain biker" sh!t, I ride 4 times a week and run twice a week. I don't go home and get fat while posting on the internet about people's bikes. And anyway Banche is posting enough that he'll have 1000 posts in a couple weeks. Maybe we should start some more "Wintergreen Sucks" threads;)

The writeup was awesome and great for your sponsors. I was just continuing my rant from Massanutten:p

See you tomorrow morning

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
i have been posting alot lately. i don't know why? i mean my womans been givin it to me regularly:D . maybe i just like being in touch with my new friends:monkey:

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA

I didn't say anything about bad press or that the article shouldn't have been printed, in fact I commented that it was a nice writeup. Since this is a cycling board, saying something about a detail about the article seemed appropriate.

comments are great and the ignorant idiot comment was the best part.

Edit- out the door to mountain creek... be back tues

milby

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Originally posted by banche
i have been posting alot lately. i don't know why? i mean my womans been givin it to me regularly:D . maybe i just like being in touch with my new friends:monkey:

friends? u have those? :p

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
you remember the mamoth mountian kamakazie run. the pro use to hit almost 80 mph on that run. that was the main reason they stopped using that run!

i personally have been up to 60 mph on a fire road (radar clocked). that is fast i could have gone even faster if i wanted to but this was on a XC bike in new mexico during a race and i needed to finish the race in one peice.

as for the road people that get into the aero tuck they are on flat ground and the do not get the benifit of gravity to asist the speed that htey are going like dh people.

final thing is that the world record for the speed of a person on a bike going downhill is like 110 mph or something like that. i know it is over 100 mph. the guy did it going down the side of a volcano

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Just stating the simple fact that a downhiller is not going to go 75 mph, no need to get your panties in a banch. Oh wait ridetoofast was behind him, of course it's true:rolleyes:

I didn't say anything about bad press or that the article shouldn't have been printed, in fact I commented that it was a nice writeup. Since this is a cycling board, saying something about a detail about the article seemed appropriate. And don't give me that "computer mountain biker" sh!t, I ride 4 times a week and run twice a week. I don't go home and get fat while posting on the internet about people's bikes. And anyway Banche is posting enough that he'll have 1000 posts in a couple weeks. Maybe we should start some more "Wintergreen Sucks" threads;)

The writeup was awesome and great for your sponsors. I was just continuing my rant from Massanutten:p

See you tomorrow morning
Do you ever make a post that doesn't have some hint of negativity?