Quantcast

Sag? Canfield Bros don't care about no stinkin' sag!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So they've designed around an idea while constantly targeting the instant center of curvature....

An Instant Center Tracking so to speak.

I bet it's >100% efficient.

What a wholly unique concept. If only there were a simpler way to maintain the center of curvature in one spot, like the top of a chainring. :rofl:

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If I am to understand the patent and drawings, which I just read through, they designed a multi link suspension that behaves exactly like a single pivot. Right?
That's sort of what they're touting yes. I won't do everything like a single pivot, just the part they're really excited about.

It'll brake better but as far as their 'anywhere in sag, same pedaling!', yes you get that from a single pivot with the main spinny right at the top of the chainring. And by get that, I still mean a variable amount of AS throughout the travel.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have no life

CBF™ is not sag dependent. Our formula allows the rider to set up the sag position anywhere in the travel with maximum anti-squat and pedaling efficiency.
canfieldcbf.JPG

Probably not dead nuts on but it's from that rendering off their page which I trust more than photos. I just used current balance geo

Certainly does what they claim in terms of IC and CC at least. What that accomplishes however.......

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Well now that a Linkage graph has been posted, they can kiss their patents and profits goodbye.

Also if we just say it's awesome, will it stop the designers showing up on RM and defending their bike for 14 pages?

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Forum-Hot-Seat-Canfield-Brothers,9382?page=1

"how is this better than a single pivot located at the top of the chainring, the same place as CBF places it's CC?".

The Anti-Squat numbers on both the Single pivot in that location and our CBF are close in the Linkage program. But the pedaling feel of both are very different.
Hard to say why. But Like the Anti-Rise (braking), it has to do with the rear being on a floating member.

Under pedaling it can cause that lock-out feel if setup correctly. Where a single pivot with the same numbers is much more soft under pedaling.

Same goes for braking- the numbers look the same. But the brake mounted directly to the single pivot arm vs a multi-link with a brake mounted on that floating rear triangle, feel very different. The brake on the single pivot loads into the swing-arm directly. Where as the multi-link bike, the brake will load into that floating member-
So it produces single pivot numbers but feels different?

So somehow their AS number can be the same as another bike yet not the same??? Me confuse.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Forum-Hot-Seat-Canfield-Brothers,9382?page=1

So it produces single pivot numbers but feels different?

So somehow their AS number can be the same as another bike yet not the same??? Me confuse.
"hard to say why" :D

I don't know what he's talking about. Specifically I mean. Maybe the shape of the AS curve as you move through the travel, the leverage ratio of his bike vs. the one he has in mind. He didn't really answer that.