Quantcast

?'s on installing installing steering stops on Shiver

hurley64

Chimp
Sep 4, 2003
Bought shiver used and it didint come with factory stops, I got marz to send me some out but i am not sure how to mount them? Do i cut them and then zip ti them to the stanchions? Or are the supposed to stretch over the stanchions? Maybe i should just cut some grips open and use them?

John

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
The stock ones slide over the legs of the fork, just take off the top crown and slide them down over the fork to the right place. If they are too tight to slide on, push harder.

Don't cut the new ones!

grips and tires work ok if you zip tie them on, but don't look as clean

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
What I do is let them soak in a glass of near boiling water for about 15 minutes, then slide them on with hair spray. That way when they dry they won't move.

Thank you...i'll be here all day.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Don't take off the top crown, just unbolt the upper and lower crowns and slide the fork down, if its a tight fit, which most of the time they're not use some hairspray. This way you don'e have to mess with the headset adjustment. Its a 10 min job.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Brian HCM#1 said:
Don't take off the top crown, just unbolt the upper and lower crowns and slide the fork down, if its a tight fit, which most of the time they're not use some hairspray. This way you don'e have to mess with the headset adjustment. Its a 10 min job.
:thumb: Ding-ding-ding.