Quantcast

?'s on installing Hope mono m4 on shiver

hurley64

Chimp
Sep 4, 2003
fitting some mono m4 to a dc shiver and noticed right away that i need longer bolts to mount them. Is this something i can get from hope or should i try the home depot route? Also, the shim stack is going to be pretty thick, anyone know where i can get some wider spacers?

John

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Hope used to have 5 mm thick spacers included with their brakes, but no longer do. Home Depot is fine for bolts and you can buy some thicker washers to get you close to centered then the fine spacers for fine tuning. I'm not sure Hope is still stocking those spacers, I know Marzocchi now includes them with their forks.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Brian HCM#1 said:
Hope used to have 5 mm thick spacers included with their brakes, but no longer do. Home Depot is fine for bolts and you can buy some thicker washers to get you close to centered then the fine spacers for fine tuning. I'm not sure Hope is still stocking those spacers, I know Marzocchi now includes them with their forks.
Yes, my shiver has them. I use hayes.

hurley64

Chimp
Sep 4, 2003
thanks for the info, going to try to see if i can get marzo to send me some spacers as my shiver didnt come with em!

John

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Well, I thought I was gonna be able to dispense some hope knowledge (My buddy just put Hopes on his Shiver, and used home depot bolts with the spacers marz gave him) but Brian beat me to it. Thanks bud :p .