Quantcast

Rockshox revised vivid air r2c ?

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Oh bummer! I get my spring vivid back tomorrow from warranty. I only rode it for about 6 weeks until It started leaking oil from the rebound knob. they are sending a brand new shock. I'm considering selling it to fund a fox float X2. That's when I saw the new vivid air.

I think the vivid spring feels really good and I actually really like the beginning/ending stroke rebounds. For me, it actually does exactly what it's supposed to do. I can dial in faster rebound for choppy/chunder and slower rebound for jumps. Instead of having to compromise with only one rebound adjustment. I don't really have any performance complaints with the shock. I just need it to be reliable! Already lost two weekends of riding.

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
The body of the shock is different. It doesn't have the guide/blocky thing on the side of it anymore. I think the position if the fill valve is different and They claim a new redesigned air spring curve.

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Your right! Guess I did find some info on it... now who had a review? Saw some pics of it on brosnan bike from specialized.

Ah never mind. They aren't making it in a 10.5" anyways.