Quantcast

rockshox no help.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i called rockshox about the loose steerer on my psylo and they were nooo help. they said a dealer/shop HAD to call and i couldn't. watsup with that? i dunno. he also said he could get me all new crown/stanchions/steerer for 140 at the norba nat'ls but only if i went up the day before my race (which would be friday) adn i have school. at least the price was reduced. rather than the 220 i would have paid had the lbs ordered from QBP.

rant over.
:eviltongu to rockshox

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I'd miss a day of school to save $80, which is funny because we pay so much for our education, it's the only thing I know of where people are happy to not get their money's worth.

You do have to ask yourself though, is it worth $140, afterall you'll still be the proud owner of a Psylo, nothing more nothing less. It seems like you could pick up a pre '02 z1 on ebay for about that much and you'd end up with a more durable fork.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
and me lbs tole ME to call rs. yea it is a waste to put 140 into this since i only paid 150 for it used. i would like to find a nice 2003 dj1, a sherman flick/firefly T.A. or a used (i.e. cheaper) dorado sc.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
but my parents get all mad at me for blowing my $$ on the same thing i just bought like 3 or 4 mos. ago. yall should feel lucky you live away from home (those of you that do)

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
haha I live away from home and still have to deal with some of that:) dude that is crap RS needs a swift kick between the legs for customer service shiat like that.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Same here, you'd think at 25 I could manage my own finances, or at least let my wife do it. Still my parents are always giving "helpful advice" which really means, they're dissapointed in my financial decisions and want me to do as they would.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mcA896 said:
but my parents get all mad at me for blowing my $$ on the same thing i just bought like 3 or 4 mos. ago. yall should feel lucky you live away from home (those of you that do)
Used to be that my dad would givr me an allowance and then get on my ass for wasting my money. Then I got a job and moved out. Then my dad AND my mom got on my ass for wasting money. Then I got a girlfriend. Which means I didn't have any money. Now the girlfriend has turned into a fiancee, soon to be a wife, now I get an allowance again. Looks like I have come full circle.

No matter how old you get, there's always someone bitching about how you spend your money. (Though she still can't stop me from buying a DH bike. Muahahaha!)

Ciaran...

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
mcA896 said:
and me lbs tole ME to call rs. yea it is a waste to put 140 into this since i only paid 150 for it used. i would like to find a nice 2003 dj1, a sherman flick/firefly T.A. or a used (i.e. cheaper) dorado sc.

i had good experience with rockshox... through a really good shop.

about a year and half ago got my '02 psylo warrenteed because of loose stanctions, been fine since then.

also had rebound assembly replaced couple months ago, turn around was fairly quick.

I donno what ur complaining about, u want a second hand fork warranteed for free without original reciept? also, if ur bike shop told u to call RS, they dont know what they are talking about, RS never deals with customers directly, so maybe u need to find a better shop.

-Mike T.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
wasnt me but i know someone that worked at a shop and had a psylo with loose stanchions. called them up and ended up getting a boxxer world cup for like 200-250. seams a bit crazy though.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
DHracer1067 said:
wasnt me but i know someone that worked at a shop and had a psylo with loose stanchions. called them up and ended up getting a boxxer world cup for like 200-250. seams a bit crazy though.
they do have an upgrade program... i asked about getting a boxxer, they said there was too much of a class difference, and it price would turn up to be almost regular price... so i donno what u heard

-Mike T.