Quantcast

Rock Shox Pearl

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
anyone have any time on one? Interested in getting one but havent headr squat about performance.

Also...anyone have the dimension of them..specially the diameter of the body? I have a Giant reign and the shock cradle they have is pretty tight.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
well i have the mc-3 the pearls little bro. its a good preformer seeing it has been to wintergreen and never hicupped once the whole time.

as for dia. i have no idea

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the diameter is a little on the large size, exactly what i don't know. got to take a few runs on one of the prototypes on lenosky's faith, felt amazing but was loud as crap. a friend of mine has since bought that same bike, but blew the shock out. got it replaced with a production model. much quieter and some small performance increases.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I've got one on order for my single piv 6" frame, the long 222mm i2i size. Whenever it gets in, I'll post up about how it feels. As far as I've been able to tell, they are backordered, and out of stock everywhere I'm willing to buy from.

disclaimer: the only other shock i've ridden that i'll be able to compare to is/was a swinger 3-way coil.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
jonKranked said:
the diameter is a little on the large size, exactly what i don't know. got to take a few runs on one of the prototypes on lenosky's faith, felt amazing but was loud as crap. a friend of mine has since bought that same bike, but blew the shock out. got it replaced with a production model. much quieter and some small performance increases.
have you ever rode a swinger air? if so can you compare the 2? I want something a tad less on-off feeling and more fluid feeling than the swinger is. Right now regardless of the settings I use, it always feels like it takes a medium and up hit and just stops instead of fluidly following the trail.
performance increases meaning it feels better than the amazing feeling prototype?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
auntesther said:
have you ever rode a swinger air? if so can you compare the 2? I want something a tad less on-off feeling and more fluid feeling than the swinger is. Right now regardless of the settings I use, it always feels like it takes a medium and up hit and just stops instead of fluidly following the trail.
performance increases meaning it feels better than the amazing feeling prototype?
you have to take that w/ a grain of salt. it felt amazing for a prototype. haven't had anytime on the swinger air, nor do i plan on it. IMO manitou is a waste of time and money, i've ridden their coil swingers and was less than impressed. Yes, the shock (the pearl) feels very "fluid" (i'm assuming you mean smooth). It isn't harsh at all. It felt progressive (more so than i would like it, but it was setup for someone 40lbs heavier than myself). the production model felt overall better than the prototype, but i didn't spend enough time with either of them to give any accurate details about the differences.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
jonKranked said:
you have to take that w/ a grain of salt. it felt amazing for a prototype. haven't had anytime on the swinger air, nor do i plan on it. IMO manitou is a waste of time and money, i've ridden their coil swingers and was less than impressed. Yes, the shock (the pearl) feels very "fluid" (i'm assuming you mean smooth). It isn't harsh at all. It felt progressive (more so than i would like it, but it was setup for someone 40lbs heavier than myself). the production model felt overall better than the prototype, but i didn't spend enough time with either of them to give any accurate details about the differences.
cool...exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!