Quantcast

Road worlds- all done

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Did anyone else watch some of the race today? Universal sports was showing it online, which was pretty nice. No commentary, but still pretty good.

Evans finally won something. Not sure if I like that or not. Gotta give it to him on this day, though. He picked the right moment and was really on it the whole way to the line (3k out or so he attacked). A lot of the chase didn't seem to work too hard to catch him. Kolobnev and Rodriguez put in a decent chase, but kept losing time. Cancellara was very active in the last few laps- taking pulls, attacking a few times, really hammering to chase. I was rooting for him.

I was half-hoping that Vino would win (he put in a legitimate attack in near the end) just so McQuaid would sh*t a brick.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I wanted Cancellara to double. I have mixed emotions on Evans...I was a fan but all of the bullsh!t with him lately has really turned me off.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Ugh...so its World Champion Cadel Evans?

Now we get to hear next year about how no one respects the world champion, or I would have won but because I have these rainbow sleeves everyone was out to get me!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cadel is the cycling version of Terrell Owens. Great talent but his nutty head prevents him from winning.

dsotm

Monkey
Jul 21, 2006
WRJ, VT
It's a different type of "nutty head." Terrell Owens is just plain arrogant. I think Cadel is self loathing and has an inferiority complex. I wouldn't be surprised if we at least see a change in Cadel's riding style.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
It's a different type of "nutty head." Terrell Owens is just plain arrogant. I think Cadel is self loathing and has an inferiority complex. I wouldn't be surprised if we at least see a change in Cadel's riding style.
Thats a good point. Maybe he'll come out in one of the grand tours and actually win. Hopefully he doesn't build up all of this confidence and then suffer the curse of the rainbow jersey.