Quantcast

Road bike derailleur at DH bike?

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Did anyone have try to use it?

I am interest to use the Sram Force derailleur at my bike, did anyone try to use it before? If someone have use it, please give me a advice. By the way, I dunno which shifter that is compatible for this derailleur.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Sram road deraileurs are only compatible with sram road shifters, sorry.

You could of course just run a short cage xo 0r x9 though...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I have a 105 short cage with a 11-32 cassette and a XT shifter.......works great!

Don't you hate Sram/Shimano stuff (thank god Shimano stuff can be used in each way) unlike Sram.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Be different and go Campy. Get some Campy flatbar shifters and a dremel. Just pick a hub (like DT-Swiss) that also makes Campy compatible cassette bodies.

-ska todd

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i run a shimano 105 with a xt shifter and a rollamajig and cant be happier, effortless shifting. Getting it dialed took me awhile though.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
there is no point in running road stuff with the new crop of short cage sram stuff, that is unless you are running shimano which a 105 is the best value.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches

theres a shot of my 105 after about 3 months. it now has no paint on it and has been running strong for a little less than a year. go 105 or short cage sram.

ohh and the force derrailure wont work with normal sram due to the way that the derrailure is shifted. i cant exactly explain it but check out there website and it will make it all very clear.

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Thanks for all of your reply, I will I will go for X.9 or Ulterga derailleur on my Sunday...I will post the bike pic once I finish the repaint process...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh that was a week right before the icycle race so we had to scramble to get ironhorse to warrenty it, but no big deal it was all fixed and is all better now with the new 04 linkage on it.

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
I ran a 105 on a 12-26 for a while, used a rocket shifter. Was very nice was it was all tuned. Now moving to an X0 shifter and x9ss mech as I broke my rocket.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Every time you post that pic, it amazes me how much play is in that horst link pivot. You have the front of that stay pulled like two inches out from where it should be. Seems as if you would be able to just slop that rear end side to side about 3 inches...

or am I just seeing things??