Quantcast

Ripping tires off-Problem

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Fixed. It is the internet hive mind. A bunch of retards on the internet have convinced themselves that tubes are worse than STDs and tubeless is the best thing since not having STDs.
I still run big fat tubes on the DH bike, but recently switched to tubeless for trail riding. The setup can be tedious, but once you find one that works it's a pretty good system. American Classic wheels and Maxxis TR tires with Stans in there beaded pretty easily with a floor pump.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
i wont rule it out, but it has been 2 different tires on the 721, both of them new. its acting like the rims are 25.5 inches or something.
I am totally clueless on this one
It's not you, those rims just aren't a very tight fit with tires - like you guessed, their OD is slightly smaller than other rims. I used to roll tires off all the time when I ran 721s, particularly after a few truing cycles. Ditching 721s was the best decision I made - currently on MTX, now I destroy rims just as easily but they still hold tires even when they're horribly out of shape.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
It's not you, those rims just aren't a very tight fit with tires - like you guessed, their OD is slightly smaller than other rims. I used to roll tires off all the time when I ran 721s, particularly after a few truing cycles. Ditching 721s was the best decision I made - currently on MTX, now I destroy rims just as easily but they still hold tires even when they're horribly out of shape.
Any other ideas with the same erd. They are i9 wheels so whatever i get-has to be very close in erd

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
MTX or 823. Thread end.
823s have a very unique erd that the spokes cant work with