Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
i was just saying that in general. but if you wanna do that idea who am I to stop you?
I'll pass, I can probably do better than that.

Not to get more off topic than we already are, but what didn't you like about the Roco on the Draco? From what I can guess from having messed with my other Roco, and what I've worked out about the suspension on the Draco, I'm thinking too much LSC damping, to progressive, and too much rebound damping. Sound about right? I think I'm going to mess with the shimz this afternoon.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'll pass, I can probably do better than that.

Not to get more off topic than we already are, but what didn't you like about the Roco on the Draco? From what I can guess from having messed with my other Roco, and what I've worked out about the suspension on the Draco, I'm thinking too much LSC damping, to progressive, and too much rebound damping. Sound about right? I think I'm going to mess with the shimz this afternoon.
Sounds about spot on. you're gonna wanna tune it fairly light, and pretty linear.

and stop fiddlin' yer shimz and go find some ass.

i'm drinking ten fidy imperial start to start the night.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Currently watching the tourney waiting for the Wash/Marquette game to start.

Sierra Nevada Glissade

Decent bock, I'd say. And at 6.4%, good for the chilly, sunny day going on in Seattle right now.

Later my bro-in-law will stop by and we'll crack a Full Sail Slipknot DIPA and a Russian River Temptation. Should be a helluva game.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Duuuuuude....

Russian River Temptation is the SH*T!!!!!! Blonde sour yo!!!!

I also imbibed in Russian River Supplication. Another sour. Yowza!!!

Full Sail Slipknot....not too shabby. Pretty hoppy.

Drink all 3. Learn it. Love it.

Oh yeah. Washington Huskies FTMFW!!!!!!!! Suck it Marquette. Suck it. New Mexico????!!!!??? F*CK YOU!!!!

Huskies.

Word.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i wasn't going to drink sam adams noble pils tonight but it was the last 12 pack @ my market . so i had to get it and "once it hits your lips it's so good ".

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Not sure about tonight, but tomorrow's a beer tasting. We're doing:

Dale's Pale Ale - Paired with Cheddar
New Glarus Moon Man
Ommegang Hennepin (something like that, anyway) - Paired with Gruyere
Bells Consecrator Dopplebock
Milwaukee Brewing Co. Barrel Aged Porter
Central Waters Satin Solscice Imperial Stout - Paired with dark chocolate

Ok, so it's slanted towards the darker beers, but it's MY beer tasting, and so we're going to drink the beers I pick out. :)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
f-staff brewery porter, & spruce tip ale.
flagstaff has some good beers.
biggins? care to chime in?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Any of the Deschutes stuff is good.
Yeah the Black Butte XXI ... it's something else, man. Last year's was actually better but it's still deeee-licious. I just had a Jubel 2010 the other night and that rocked my socks.

Right now I'm having a 2003 Washington Syrah a winemaker gave me a couple of weeks ago. Had to try it and I gotta say, it's pretty decent sheet.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
picked up a 12er of their pale ale in CO good stuff. saw this black butte at the beer barn, my interest is piqued.
Mirror Pond is good. I like their summer seasonal pale ale, Twilight, better though. That stuff is phenomenal.

If you can find any though, Black Butte XXI and The Abyss are both really, really incredible. I've heard great things about Mirror Mirror, but haven't had it yet.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Celebrator Dopple Bock.
You, sir, have found one of the holy grail's of beer. I have many tiny white horses in my garage....memories of the fallen.

Tonight I dined (well...let's be fair...consumed!!!) with:

Started with:

Then:

Oh...but I'm not even started!!! WTF!!!!:

We are in hop pursuit of good beer, I say!!:

A good end to the eve.....dear god...Washington lost....f*ckers....:

A 6-pack in my garage for tomorrows "bike time":

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
And a review for those not in-the-know:

Union Jack: It's an IPA. It's a bad ass IPA. It is a great IPA. Get it. Drink it. Love it.

Morimoto Imperial Pilsner: Dear. God. It's Bud xInfinity. It's MillerBudCoorsMilwaukeeTrumer xEleventyBillion. Find it. Drink it. Cherish it.

Lagunitas WTF: Thought it was going to be like Rogue's Dead Guy. NOTHING like it. It's hoppy, it's dark. It is goodness. Taste-splosion.

Full Sail Hop Pursuit: They say it's an extra pale ale. It is. It is also good. Good nose. Good body. It is everything Sandra Bullock is not. Boo yah.

Maredsous 10: It's Belgian. It's a triple. It's better on tap. But a bottle will do. WTF do you want. Night over.

L8r!
-G

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
NOTHING!

and I'm not fvcking happy about it. Hopefully though salvation (ah la my missus) will arrive with beer and I will be happy again.