Quantcast

Riding bikes kicks ass. [o]

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

Oh man, maybe I shoulda' brought the geared bike today. Whew. It's getting hot already. F*&$%ng bugs are coming out nice and early this season, little suckers. Nice to be out today, haven't seen another soul yet- so nice to have it quiet and uncrowded without the woods full of wankers.

Oof. Bet that left a mark. Wonder if they ate it getting on the log, off the log, or midway down the log?

Ugh. Hate. This. Climb. Why, oh why did I bring the big bike???? Whatever. Man up, wuss. Suck it up and pedal!

Riding bikes is fun.

Good stuff! So glad to have the bigger bike. Doing them on the little bike isn't bad, but man, still dialing in my feel for drops and having this extra travel and slackness helps to mitigate the "oops I screwed up" landings a bit.

Northshorefreeridecrosswoodensstuntrywhatever.

Gorgeous! Man, sucky to be riding solo- suckers are really missing out on seeing a nice spring day from the outside!

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaal! Nice and smooth. Crap, now I gotta do it - not sure if I can pull it off that smoothly.

Niiiiice. The Colorado homies will like this one. Glad I found that packy that keeps this stuff around.

Whatta' mess. Got to fix that up one of these days. Meh; whatever - it works.

Hmm, wonder if that dude is missing his helmet visor? Are shin/knee/arm pads really going to do much good when you're riding shirtless? My pale ass would get so burnt doing that.

Sheesh. Why do folks bother with a beer opener on their ride? Ah, well, I guess if they aren't running SPDs or what have you.

Short and sweet skinny, nice one. Glad I only brought/had one beer.

Heeeeeey. What's up buddy?

Oh man, that feels gooooooood. Hope there isn't anything nasty in this water. Ah hell, I don't care. It's freakin' hot.

@&*&^&*)^#&&^&$%&^%(*%#%^#%%^#$^*&#$&$*&%(&*$#$%&*&(&%#&$*((&*&^%$$%#%#$*

E-money looks like he's hurting less than he says he is. Should I take a picture or not? He's not looking too happy, but what the hell?

Doing better than this poor schmoe at least.

Sweet little section of trail. These guys look nice and happy.

Wheeee!

Riding season is here, and it rocks.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
NIce !!!

where is that ?

Looks like a Blast and a great report too!

Ninham, Sprain Ridge, and Blue Mtn. over the border from me in NY. Huntington and Mine Hill parks here in CT. Holyoke trails up in MA.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
scrubs - who did you ride with when you rode the Holyoke stuff??
mostly crankfire guys, and a couple local guys they'd hooked up to give us a little tour. i don't recall their names off the top of my head. good, good stuff up there!

shorty13

Chimp
Aug 21, 2008
Ahaha I love the use of your pedals as a bottle opener. Genius!!! I'm gonna have to try that some time.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
:thumb: GREAT report! You'd like our local trails as well.
Yeah, I've poked around a few north east spots since moving to CT two years ago, and spent two years in Boston a while back. Got a nice taste for trails out here. Mostly just within an hour of where we live, but a few further afield spots. We're in the Danbury, CT area.

Re: Kingdom Trails. Last time I was there was about seven years ago. I hear things are pretty good up there now. More/better trail. Got a few mini trips in the works for this summer and fall, we'll see where I end up.

So much trail/so little time.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
AWESOMENESS. I think I love you.
Sweet! Never gotten that sorta' response from a ride report...:clapping:

And to think I nearly ended up (well, nearly ten years ago) moving to Bend from Eugene. Shoulda' done it when it was still cheap!