Quantcast

Riding and camping in NC

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
Hey guys,

I'm supposed to be leading a school bike trip through our outdoor adventure program down to NC for some riding in late February. I didn't pick the place or the dates.... Right now its scheduled for Pettigrew State Park. From the bit of research I've done, Pettigrew has very little riding and it looks like mostly gravel paths, not my idea of fun.

I want to try to switch it to some place more fun, but being from VA I don't really know where to head down there, aside from like Ashville and stuff which is too far away, I'm lookin east.

Let me know what you guys can come up with. Can't be anything too gnarly but as long as it has some beginner trails I can get away with it I think. Also needs to have camping pretty near and pretty cheap.

Thanks ahead of time,

Colin

coreywillard

Chimp
Sep 19, 2009
Winston-salem N.C
uharrie. but that may be to far for you. there is even a free camp site right there for you. there are three trails. ones 11 miles the othe is 7 miles and the last one is 4 miles. its more of the all mountain style riding

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
Hey,
Thanks for all the responses. I'm actually coming from Norfolk so not quite the haul. Anyways, talked to the director of our outdoor adventure program, turns out they've already paid for Pettigrew so I'm stuck there.

Thanks anyways.

-Colin